ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra - ETIC
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/03/2021 15:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE21/03/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
The Wireless and Secure Communications (WiSeCom) group at Universitat Pompeu Fabra is seeking a postdoctoral researcher for project the project Post-Cellular Wireless Networks, “POSTCELL”, funded by an Advanced Grant from the European Research Council.
The position requires a Ph.D. degree in electronic or electrical engineering, mathematics, electromagnetics, or a physical sciences subject.
In addition, the following is desirable:
2. Excellent mathematical skills and background.
3. High proficiency in Matlab, Mathematica, Maple, R, or similar programming software.
4. Solid background on wireless communications (antennas, propagation, information theory).
5. Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills.
6. Highly proficient English language skills.
7. Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
8. Ability to think logically, create solutions and make informed decisions.
9. Willingness to work collaboratively in a research environment.
10. A strong commitment to his/her own continuous professional development.
11. Willingness to travel and work across Europe.
The duties and responsibilities include;
1. Present and publish research in both academic and non-academic audiences.
2. Attend and participate to academic and non-academic conferences, events and seminars.
3. Prepare progress reports and similar documents on research for funding bodies, as required.
4. Contribute to the delivery and management of the wider programme, including attending and participating in programme committee meetings.
5. Actively contribute to the public engagement and outreach activities as described in the grant agreement.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Required Education Level: PhD or equivalent
Required Research Experiences: Engineering
Years of Research Experience: 4
Career Stage: Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs( Post graduate)
Main Research Field : Engineering
Sub Reseach field: Telecommunication technology
EURAXESS offer ID: 609811
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.