ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Centre for Translational Eye Research / Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesPharmacological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/03/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warszawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERMCBO 34/2021
Structural and molecular biology of vision process.
The International Center for Translational Eye Research (ICTER) is a multi-investigator center for eye research as related to imaging and biochemical techniques to support advances in understanding the etiology and treatment of human blinding diseases. Further information on the research priorities and current expertise of our Center can be found at http://www.icter.pl.
The Institute seeks applicants with a PhD degree, and experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, or structural biology. Candidates should be interested in structural biology.
The Postdoctoral fellows will have a direct impact on lab development and its success in publishing in high impact factor journals. The person will be also responsible for performing dynamic research to create a competitive research group. The positions will be assigned to the Integrated Structural Biology group led by Dr. Humberto Fernandes, focused on elucidating the mechanisms of vision at an atomic and molecular level, with the ultimate goal to help developing therapeutics for the treatment of eye disorder(s), help prevent, or at least delaying, the onset of eye diseases.
1. Fixed term Full-time employment contract (01.04.2021-31.12.2023)
2. Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
3. International cooperation with experienced researchers;
4. Competitive salary (11 000 PLN / ~2400 EUR gross/month (about 7 700 net gross/month))
Creativity measured by the quality and number of scientific publications in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding author or a significant author and patent applications/patents and/or implementation;
Mobility in his/her scientific career (research internships, change in the scientific profile, internships and work in industry);
Creativity measured by the quality and number of research projects led and publications arising as a result of the implementation of these projects (if applicable);
Presented opinions via reference letters.
deadline - 21st of March 2021, 11 pm (Central Europe time)
Successful candidates fulfilling the selection criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview (which will most likely take place in an online format on 25-30.03.2021). The competition results shall be announced by end of March 2021.
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.
The International Centre for Translational Eye Research (Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS) is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
1. Holds a PhD (or will defend before the start date of employment or in the first months of employment) in biological sciences or related fields (obtained not earlier than 1 January 2017)
2. Has solid knowledge and documented laboratory hands-on experience in at least three of the following: molecular cloning, protein production and purification; biophysical characterization; structural biology (X-ray crystallography or cryoEM); molecular docking and/or molecular dynamics simulations. Expertise in mammalian cell lines will be a plus.
3. High motivation, analytical skills, and independent thinking
4. Ability to work in a team, managing projects, and good organization of work.
5. Very good written and oral communication skills in English
6. A proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative attitude
7. A strong motivation for basic scientific research
8. Good skills to plan and execute experiments
9. Has the ability to draft (in English) scientific papers for academic journals
10. Has the ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally, and in writing
11. Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
12. Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
1. CV (including a list of projects/publications)
2. Cover letter
3. Copy of PhD diploma
4. Name and addresses of two references
EURAXESS offer ID: 608934
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.