RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › MarketingPsychological sciences › Behavioural sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/04/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIceland › Iceland
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
PhD position in marketing/business focusing on consumer behaviour analysis and sustainable healthy food promotion at the RU Centre for Research in Marketing and Consumer Psychology (CRMC)
Centre for Research in Marketing and Consumer Psychology at Reykjavik University is looking for a PhD student to work on research on sustainable healthy food promotion, sponsored by The Icelandic Research Fund (Rannis). The project is done in collaboration with international partners in academia and the industry.
This multidisciplinary research combining psychology, marketing, and economics utilises a novel approach, integrating behavioural and digital technology, both instore and online to understand how environmental conditions can assist people to make better decisions around food choices. This research will identify the relation between consumer choices and marketing actions, thereby estimating the value of different attributes and channels pertaining to healthy food purchase in both online and in-store settings.
- Broad exploration of both in-store and online grocery retail sector from a consumer behaviour analysis point of view, healthy food marketing, and consumer psychology using systemic literature review, observations, interviews with consumers, retailers and manufacturers
- Extensive studies using Choice Based Conjoint Analysis (CBC) to understand consumer choice with respect to online and in-store grocery and healthy food
- Laboratory online experiments leading to field studies/experiments, including supplementary
- methods (biometrical and/or survey) studying online healthy food choices
- In-store experiments to identify environmental touch points throughout the customer journey in grocery retailing
- MSc degree (or equivalent) in marketing, psychology, or other relevant field
- Experience with writing academic articles, experimentation, and/or statistics (especially Choice-Based Conjoint Analysis (CBC)) is an advantage but not a requirement
- Organizational skills
- Be able to work independently as well as in groups
- Good English skills
- Be located in Reykjavik or willing to relocate on short notice on own expense
The deadline for applications is 1 April 2021. Start is as soon as possible. Questions regarding the position can be sent to Prof. Valdimar Sigurdsson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries and applications are treated as confidential. Applications are accepted through the University’s online applications website https://jobs.50skills.com/ru/is.
Please include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for two referrers
- Cover letter
- Copies of relevant certificates and diplomas
Reykjavik University aims to create an international workplace that celebrates diversity and is characterized by respect for the individual. Equal opportunities for progression and salaries are important values at RU. There are seven departments within the university; Business Administration, Law, Psychology, Sport Science, Computer Science, Engineering, and Applied Engineering. Education and research at RU are based on strong ties with industry and society. We emphasize interdisciplinary collaboration, international relations and entrepreneurship. Currently, Reykjavik University has around 3.700 students and 250 faculty and employees in addition to numerous adjunct faculty.
EURAXESS offer ID: 608422
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.