ORGANISATION/COMPANYLudwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsMedical sciences › OtherTechnology › Medical technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/03/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Salzburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention (https://dhp.lbg.ac.at) is a research institute examining digital technologies and interventions in sustaining behavioral changes for a more healthy lifestyle. We are looking for a motivated PhD student (m/f/d) in "Health Informatics" with an immediate start date (in April 2021).
You will be a member of the DH-Convener project team for integrating the patient-generated data by digital health apps with ELGA. This project was the winner of the Nexus Digital Health Innovation Challenge , under the use case dealing with future health data organization. This national competition was organized by the Federal Ministry for Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation, and Technology (BMK) in May 2020.
To realize the DH-Convener concept, LBI-DHP will collaborate with the Medical University Vienna (MedUni) through the H2O project (https://www.imi.europa.eu/projects-results/projectfactsheets/h2o) to hire a PhD student for roadmapping the required interoperability framework and corresponding eHealth infrastructure. This roadmap will support the national Patient-Generated Health Data (PGHD) initiatives in Austria, starting with creating synergy between the DH-Convener (LBI-DHP) and H2O (MedUni) projects.
- Conducting research in the field of healthcare standards and interoperability
- Participation in roadmapping the required interoperability framework and corresponding eHealth infrastructure for the DH-Convener and H2O projects
- Creating the required Enterprise Architecture (EA) model for incorporating PGHD into eHealth infrastructure
- Cooperating with the project interdisciplinary and international team in delivering the project according to the agreed timeline and implementation roadmap
- Publishing the research results in international journals and conferences
- Writing the PhD dissertation (in English)
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Informatics
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- A diploma or master university degree in health informatics, computer science, information technology, or a related discipline is expected.
- High interest in solving scientific problems, and motivation for conducting goal-oriented research.
- Ability to develop methods, concepts, models, and roadmaps as well as their realization and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience in health informatics standards and interoperability frameworks: HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR), Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership (OMOP) Common Data Model, Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE), continua guidelines for personal health systems interoperability.
- Very good programming skills.
- Very good communication and team-working skills.
- Good knowledge of the English language (oral and written).
EURAXESS offer ID: 608380
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.