ORGANISATION/COMPANYLeibniz-Institute for Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/03/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGermany › Stadt Seeland OT Gatersleben
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK26
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2021
Research in our group is focused on the transport and sensing of nutrients, on genotypic factors determining nutrient efficiency in plants, and stress adaptions of primary metabolism. We combine molecular and metabolic approaches to investigate morphological and physiological responses of plants to abiotic stress situations and aim at identifying key processes and underlying genes crucial for nutrient acquisition and the maintenance of metabolism.
In frame of the EU-funded joint research project "CATCH-BNI" ("Improved nitrogen use efficiency in agriculture by catch crops as producers of biological nitrification inhibitors"), the release of biological nitrification inhibitors by catch crops and their influence on nitrogen efficiency of spring wheat in a field experiment will be investigated.
- You will learn and establish a nitrification inhibition assay.
- You will characterize biological nitrification inhibitors of different plant species using non-targeted metabolite analysis.
- In a field trial you will analyze the influence of catch crops on the nitrification inhibition potential of the soil and the nitrogen efficiency of various spring wheat lines.
- You will present the results achieved at conferences and will publish them in scientific journals.
You fit to us:
- ... if you enjoy working with plants and like to work in an interdisciplinary manner.
- ... if you have excellent communication skills, also in English.
- ... if the flexible and independent organization of your work is not a problem and working accurately and reliable is of course for you.
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a Master’s degree in agricultural sciences, biology, biochemistry or related fields.
- You have a background in plant physiology or bio-chemistry and are familiar with nutrient cycles in plants and soil.
- Practical knowledge in laboratory methods in molecular biology and analytics, in field experiments and in statistical evaluations as well as a car driver's license are desirable.
We offer you:
- … work in an international research project with training stay in Great Britain.
- … support from and cooperation with competent colleagues.
- … a part-time position (65 %) limited to 36 months with a standard salary up to TV-L E13.
- … an entry from 1st April 2021 on or later.
If you need further information, please feel free to contact Prof. Dr. Nicolaus von Wirén Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5602 directly.
Your What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf-document until 16.03.2021 via online-application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/). If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Ms. Stefanie Dreßler (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate the reference number 10/02/21 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered.
EURAXESS offer ID: 608378
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.