RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Chemical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK38
The postdoctoral researcher will work in the framework of a multipartnerproject focusing on different kinds of catalytic CO2 conversionstrategies, with the aim of reducing overall CO2 emissions.
Theresearcher at CSCE will focus on heterogeneous catalytic routes, and willsynthesize different porous and non-porous supported/non-supported catalystsand test their performance in high temperature CO2 conversionchemistry (in a brand new, dedicated CSCE reactor).
The post-doctoralresearcher will also be able to characterize these materials using variousavailable characterization tools.
The candidate should be able to clearly communicate his/her work both inpapers and presentations, externally and internally.
In addition to the academic research, he/she willbe responsible for the technical set-up in the lab, i.e. the gas phase-catalytic reactor (plug flow, fixed bed) and itsonline GC analysis and handling or safety issues related to this. Therefore, he/shecoordinates all required adjustments to the set-up and, if necessary, isresponsible for communication with the technical, safety and purchasingdepartment.
We are offering a postdoctoral position in an intellectually challengingenvironment of young and dynamic researchers.
KU Leuven is aresearch-intensive, internationally oriented university that focusses onfundamental as well as applied scientific research.
We offer you a postdoctoral position for 12 months. The preferred startingdate is July 1, 2021 (a bit flexible, but candidate should be available beforeautumn).
We hope to receive applications at the latest by March 15, 2021
- The candidate should have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related fields.
- Skills: knowledge about material and catalyst synthesis (e.g. zeolites, silicas, oxides, etc.); practical experiences with typical characterization tools (e.g. physisorption, XRD, TGA, TPD, IR, etc.).
- Skills: experience with and/or knowledge about continuous gas-phase reactor operation, engineering and kinetics needed (e.g. familiarity with GHSV, WHSV, pelleting, thermodynamics, mass transfer, …)
- Experience and/or knowledge about CO2 (CCU) valorization is a plus.
- The candidate should be interested in fundamental as well as applicative research
- The candidate should have a passion to do high level research in a very engaged and ambitious research team.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the team.
- Fluent oral and written English is required.
For more information please contact Prof. Michiel Dusselier, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this job no later than 15/03/2021 via the online application tool
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 608313
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.