ORGANISATION/COMPANYCopenhagen Business School
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Financial science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/04/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37
Department of Organization, Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a full time faculty position as Assistant Professor in Organizing Energy at the Department of Organization.
In announcing an assistant professorship in Organizing Expertise in Green Transition, the department wishes to strengthen three areas of interest: 1) Organizational research in the area of energy and green transition; 2) Collaboration with business and society regarding how forms of expertise influence the financial and social valuation of energy resources in Denmark; 3) Teaching organizational theory and analysis in bachelor programs.
Examples of research areas that the assistant professorship covers:
- Studies of green transition processes
- Studies of valuation of energy resources
- Work and organization related to green transition
- Ethnographic case studies of Danish green transition processes
The assistant professorship is a time-limited position of 32 months with research and teaching obligations.
IOA is an international department comprising 55 faculty, 35 PhD students, and 11 administrative staff. We pursue a problem-oriented, business in society approach to understanding and intervening in work places, organizations and networks. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested and changing matter. This includes studies of private companies, public organizations, professional societies as well as NGOs. We investigate and discuss topics such as change and innovation processes, work and human resources, public management and governance, project management, institutional dynamics, market creation, expertise and power.
Our social-scientific approach includes scholarly traditions such as organization theory, sociology, social psychology, science and technology studies, and political economy. We value qualitative methods highly and typically employ case studies, ethnographic methods, or social network analysis.
Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching as well as teaching in post-experience and doctoral education.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The associate professor or professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Teaching and research experience within the area of organizational theory and analysis or related areas
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Signe Vikkelsø, e-mail email@example.com. Information about the department may be found at: www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-organization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
1. A letter of motivation, also specifying which type of position(s) applied for.
2. Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
3. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
4. Documentation of pedagogical qualifications and teaching experience, preferably including evaluations.
5. Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
6. A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
7. Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants. When possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Application due: 4/1/2021
EURAXESS offer ID: 607240
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.