ORGANISATION/COMPANYDeutsches Zentrum für Luft - und Raumfahrt (DLR)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/08/2021 02:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Bremen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts,Other
The Institute of Space Systems in Bremen designs and analyzes future spacecraft and space missions (launchers, orbital and exploration systems, and satellites), and assesses them with regard to their technical performance and cost. It applies state-of-the-art methods of multi-disciplinary engineering in system design and analysis – for example, a computerized system for concurrent design. The Guidance, Navigation and Control Systems Department focuses on the capability to analyze, design, develop, implement, simulate, test, and verify attitude and orbit control systems (AOCS) / guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) systems for space applications and their components. This involves a range of disciplines, including requirements management, systems engineering, algorithm development, software implementation, systems analysis/simulation/verification, and hardware-in-the-loop testing. The GNC Systems Department is also conducting research and development of promising and strategic technologies for AOCS and GNC systems.
The research and development activities of the GNC Appliances Research Group extend to the holistic conception, development, implementation, simulation, testing, and verification of GNC systems for space applications. This also includes system and simulation technology for the entire development cycle of GNC applications, as well as the aspects of high availability and high reliability of systems. The group also operates laboratories and facilities for testing and verifying GNC systems. With its activities, the research group provides integral technologies and key skills for the implementation of highly specialized GNC algorithms and technologies in real applications within the department.
Within this context, we are looking for scientific staff members to conduct the following tasks within the GNC Appliances Research Group:
- planning and drafting of software architectures for embedded systems
- programming of flight-critical and non-flight-critical software for embedded systems in C/C++
- implementation of algorithms in the domains of guidance, navigation, and control in software
- adaption of existing software to new hardware, operating systems, and frameworks
- run-time optimization of existing software and algorithms
- test, validation, and verification of the developed software
- planning, creation, establishment, and auditing of quality assurance measures and tools for software development (compliance to international software development standards, bug tracking, internal programming standards, test strategies and frameworks, code analyses and reviews, etc.)
- department-internal consulting and coaching for software engineering
- support for the execution of Software-in-the-Loop (SiL), Processor-in-the-Loop (PiL), and Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) tests of GNC systems
- production, technical review, and auditing of scientific and technical documentation
- documentation, presentation, and publication of results
- supervision of student internships, project and semester reports, and theses
- commitment to group activities such as maintenance and development of laboratories, development and improvement of procedures, knowledge management, or acquisition of external funding
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation.
EURAXESS offer ID: 605609
Posting organisation offer ID: 15152058
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.