ORGANISATION/COMPANYDeutsches Zentrum für Luft - und Raumfahrt (DLR)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/08/2021 02:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Berlin
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
The operation of data management system for the acquisition, administration and provision of data is an essential building block for several projects carried out in the Institute. Through the wide research work, diverse data is generated, which must be correctly stored in data structures in order to be correlated later. This includes not only the data collected in the Institute, but also datasets from open data portals which are available for free. The data types include different road and railway networks, infrastructure elements, measurement data, weather data, trajectories and timetables.
For the further development and integration of the developed data management system, the institute is looking for a computer scientist with profound knowdege in the field of data engineering and databases. An interest in distributed systems and the development of complex system architectures is desirable. One of the tasks consists of the spezification, coordination and further development of complex datamodels and interfaces in the areas of digital maps, measuring data as also as data with a transportation context. Another task consists of the spezification, coordination and further development of methods and tools in the area of Research Data Management (RDM) and multimodal data managemet systems. The coordination of work packages as also as project management roles in national and international projects are also expected tasks.
- evaluation of standardised file exchange formats and data models based on project requirements. As also as in in the process of homogenizating the used formats and data models aiming the increase of the research data quality in the institute
- participation as also as representing the DLR in standardisation panels
- conception and development of methods and tools in the area of Research Data Management (RDM) focusing on enhancing the handling of research data
- conception and migration of existing data management systems into a integrated multimodal transportation management system
- development of methods for the management of complex and heterogeneous datasets in the fields of big data and smart data
- development and/or extension of existing complex database schemas, file exchange formats and software interfaces
- publish research activites and results
- assistence in the management of data management systems
- lead national and international projects in the above mentioned fields
- acquisition of external projects, survey of project calls as also as actively work in the application of proposals
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation.
EURAXESS offer ID: 605576
Posting organisation offer ID: 15151865
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.