ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Rijeka Faculty of Engineering
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCroatia › Rijeka
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
We are seeking applicants for a two-year postdoctoral position in the area of big data medical image analysis, to work on the project IP-2020-02-3770 Machine Learning for Knowledge Transfer in Medical Radiology, funded by the Croatian Science Foundation.
Institution: University of Rijeka Faculty of Engineering (RITEH)
Project description: The project will advance existing knowledge concerning modelling for medical image analysis, by introducing a common transfer-learning platform for domain-specific challenges in medical radiology CAD. The objectives will be achieved by fusing the available data sources (pixeldata, DICOM tags and narrative diagnoses) from a large PACS database of medical radiology exams (approx. 20 TB of images). Machine learning will be used for multi-step data-driven modelling, using state-of-the-art supercomputing facilities. The project team consists of researchers from the University of Rijeka, University of Ljubljana, University of Mannheim and Medical University of Graz.
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, physics or similar field,
- Interest in image analysis and machine learning,
- Good programming skills (algorithmic thinking),
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow),
- Good knowledge of English language,
- Excellent communication skills,
- No more than 4 years of previous postdoctoral engagement.
- Design, implement and evaluate models with other team members,
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing,
- Aid in supervising the work of two PhD students,
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet ambitious research goals.
How to apply: Applicants should express their interest in the position by sending a cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications and a brief description of their research interests and achievements – as a single .pdf file. The applicants should also arrange at least one letter of recommendation to be sent by their outstanding colleague. Review of preliminary applications will begin immediately. A tender for the job position will be announced when at least one suitable candidate is found. Starting date can be negotiated, and is possible as early as January 2022. Initial appointment will be for 6 months, with a single renewal for the remaining 18 months, depending on the applicant’s performance.
Contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
EURAXESS offer ID: 605400
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.