ORGANISATION/COMPANYDelft University of Technology (TU Delft)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/03/2021 00:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Delft
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
The key job responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Research: Delivering high quality, internationally leading research on arsenic removal from groundwater, as part of a broader research project on utilizing natural groundwater iron for the removal of arsenic. The project overarches the fields of environmental engineering, geochemistry and biotechnology, requires of the candidate and open attitude towards these different research disciplines. (Co-)supervising PhD and MSc students and bringing them to a successful completion and disseminating research outcomes effectively via internationally leading journals and conferences.
- Education: Contributing to the teaching of the MSc course “Water Treatment Research” in our MSc track Environmental Engineering.
- Organization: Contributing to organizational / administrative activities and committees within the Department of Water Management and the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
To apply, please send a detailed CV, along with a short letter of motivation and 'personal research & teaching statement' (max 3 pages), as well as contact information of two persons who can provide references, a publication list, an abstract of your MSc and PhD thesis and two selected publications before 10 March.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- A pre-Employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
If your MSc diploma and transcript are not in Dutch, English, French or German and you will be the selected candidate, the TU Delft will ask you to deliver a certified translation in case you will be appointed.
TU Delft creates equal opportunities and encourages women to apply.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Doris van Halem, e-mail D.vanHalem@tudelft.nl, tel. +31 15 27 85838
Web site for additional job details
The successful candidate:
- holds a PhD or equivalent degree in engineering or science;
- has proven ability to deliver high quality research as evidenced in the publications record;
- possess a good understanding of the higher education environment including diversity and inclusion values;
- has the capacity to communicate effectively with peers, students and stakeholders.
Please see https://www.tudelft.nl/en/about-tu-delft/working-at-tu-delft/ for further information about working at TU Delft
EURAXESS offer ID: 604314
Posting organisation offer ID: 297824
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.