RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Funchal
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
A call is open for 2 positions as Research Assistants in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science at the Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute (M-ITI) of the University of Madeira (Funchal, Portugal), under the Regional Project M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000033, co-financed by “Madeira 14-20” – MTL – RH08, under the following conditions:
The research group of Prof. Morgado Dias (Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute - Partner of the Carnegie Mellon University - Portugal program) is looking for candidates for a project in Signal Processing with Artificial Intelligence techniques to analyze the performance of football players.
The purpose of this work is to:
(1) Analyze monitoring signals from football athletes and determine the correlation between the different features and the performance;
(2) Develop models to predict performance and injuries, using Artificial Intelligence tools.
Candidates should meet the following requirements, skills and competences:
- A Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering (preferred) or similar areas, completed before arrival.
- Must be registered as a student.
- Good oral and spoken English as well as good communication skills. TOEFL or IELTS scores are encouraged. At least the English proficiency that fulfills the requirements of CSC applications is necessary.
- Teamwork spirit.
- Self-motivation and independent working ability.
- Knowledge of and research experience related to the above fields are strongly preferred.
- Previous published work is a preference factor.
The work will be conducted at MadeiraITI (Funchal, Portugal) under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Morgado Dias.
Prof. Morgado Dias research expertise includes Artificial Neural Networks, FPGAs and Renewable Energy.
Legislation and regulations:
The scholarships are directed to applicants under the current conditions established on the FCT regulations (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/) and Research Grant Holder Statute.
The scholarship will have the indicated length, with a possibility of renewal if performing satisfactory, with an expected start as indicated.
Position 1 – 01-03-2021
Position 2 – 01-04-2021
Position 1 – 3 months, with possible renewal
Position 2 – 6 months, with possible renewal
The student will receive a stipend of 1074,64€ per month as determined by the FCT regulations (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores).
How to apply:
Candidates must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25-02-2021. The subject of the email should be: MTL-RH08.
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Brief description of the candidate, research ability and research interest;
- English curriculum.
Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation.
- Curriculum Vitae (30%)
- Former research experience (20%)
- Selected candidates might be invited for an interview or short exam (50%).
President of the jury: Prof. Dr. Morgado Dias.
Effective Vowels: Prof. Dr. Eduardo Fermé and Prof. Dr. Élvio Rúbio Gouveia.
Notification of results:
The final results will be published through an ordered list by final note that will be posted in a visible and public place at the Madeira-ITI, being all candidates notified by email.
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- M-ITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Information about the Institute, University and Region:
Interactive Technologies Institute - Partner of the Carnegie Mellon University - Portugal program, is an innovation institute established as an associated independent non-profit R&D organization whose founding members are the University of Madeira, Madeira Tecnopolo S. A. and University of Lisbon.
ITI operates in the interdisciplinary domain of human-computer interaction encapsulating contributions from computer science, psychology and design in order to address/engage in important scientific and technological challenges that are both relevant to society and have significant economic impact (https://iti.larsys.pt).
The University of Madeira is an active public university integrated in Portuguese Higher Education System and the European Community.
Madeira is a small island with paradisiac living conditions and warm people. Recently elected as the Best European Island, you will find in a small place a diversity of landscapes that go from the beach to the mountain with low living costs and almost no crime.
We offer above average conditions in support, research publication results and economical conditions.
EURAXESS offer ID: 604104
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.