ORGANISATION/COMPANYTechnological University Dublin
RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciences › Research methodology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/03/2021 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Dublin 7
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER0
Applications are invited for the following Post in the Technological University Dublin (CITY CAMPUS):
Post: Post-Doctoral Researcher/Senior Post-Doctoral Researcher - Spatial Ability in STEM Education (Fixed-Term Specified Purpose contract, up to 5 years) Reference: 165b/2020
Location: Currently located in TU Dublin, Kevin Street Campus, Dublin 8.
Hours of Work: A 39 hour working week is in operation.
Salary: The post will be remunerated on;
Point (01) of the Post-Doctoral Researcher/Senior Post-Doctoral Researcher Salary Scale i.e. €41,025/€45,942 gross per annum.
Closing Date: Monday 1st March 2021 5.00 p.m. (Irish time). Late applications will not be accepted.
It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place on the March 26, 2021. The interview assessment will be approx. 50 minutes in length and will include a presentation of 5 minutes duration. The topic of this presentation will be as follows:
“How can Europe address the twin problem of low recruitment and gender imbalance in STEM education by addressing deficits in spatial ability among boys and girls?”
For further information and to make an online application for the above post please visit http://www.tudublin.ie/vacancies
Note: Follow the City Campus link.
Technological University Dublin is an equal opportunities employer
The successful candidate for this position will be expected to take a leading role in the execution of SellSTEM. With support from the Coordinator in TU Dublin and in collaboration with all Principal Investigators (PI) in the consortium, the candidate will contribute to the research work, ensure that all deliverables are achieved to a sufficient standard and in a timely manner, proactively support the progress of work packages, engage with ESRs as needed, proactively contribute to the communication and dissemination of the project outputs and sustain SellSTEM into the future by securing further funding opportunities. As SellSTEM has now started, it is hoped that the successful candidate can take up this position and be available to work as soon as possible.
A Post-Doctoral Researcher will be required to
• Assist the coordinator in the project management of SellSTEM in various ways including liaising with SellSTEM work package leaders and researchers to coordinate the submission of deliverables, contributing to the creation and organisation of the network wide training programme and taking a leading role in the executing the SellSTEM project,
• Proactively contribute to the research activities of SellSTEM in various ways including supervising PhD students, collaborating with others in the network on research projects, authoring and disseminating research, opening up new areas of research and applying for further funding to sustain SellSTEM into the future,
• Proactively contribute to the communication activities of SellSTEM in various and creative ways including assisting ESRs and others in SellSTEM to communicate their research to various stakeholders such as the public, policy makers and the teaching community through a range of modern media,
• Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Principal Investigator and TU Dublin, and
• Comply with all TU Dublin policies and regulations, including those in relation to Research Ethics and Health and Safety.
A Senior Post-Doctoral Researcher will also be required to
• Independently conduct their research and demonstrate a very high level of initiative,
• Immediately take significant responsibility for project management tasks,
• Subject to experience, mentor Post-doctoral Researchers, and
• Play an active role in innovation, knowledge and technology transfer activities.
EURAXESS offer ID: 602814
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.