ORGANISATION/COMPANYRUĐER BOŠKOVIĆ INSTITUTE
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer systems
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/03/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCroatia › Zagreb
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE03/05/2021
Ruđer Bošković Institute, Zagreb, Croatia, opens a 4-year PhD position in Computer Science on the project „HybridScale – Scalable high-performance algorithms for future heterogeneous exascale computer systems„ funded by the Croatian Science Foundation under the supervision of Davor Davidovic, Research Associate at the Centre for Informatics and Computing.
In addition to the general conditions for employment from Article 43 of the Law on Scientific Activity and Higher Education, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Master degree in the field of technical sciences or the field of natural sciences, research fields mathematics, or physics
- The total grade point average at previous levels of study (undergraduate, graduate, or integrated) ensures enrollment in doctoral studies.
Along with the application for the job vacancy, the applicant should enclose: a motivation letter in English, curriculum vitae, appropriate diploma or certificate of completed studies, Supplementary study document confirming which exams have been passed and with which grade, e-mail contact of at least one person for recommendation and other evidence of fulfillment tender conditions.
Applicants who have earned their higher educational qualifications outside Croatia must attach to their application for a scientific position the Ruling on the Recognition of Foreign Higher Educational Qualifications issued by the Agency for Science and Higher Education or a receipt for the submission of an Application for the said Ruling.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentInformation science: Master Degree or equivalentMathematics: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Proficiency in C, C++, and Python programming languages
- Linux operating system
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Previous participation in research activities, published papers, excellence in studying, awards received
The candidates fulfilling the following criteria will take precedence:
- Experience in parallel processing and programming
- Experience in GPUs programming
- Basics in linear algebra
- Previous experience in machine learning tools and methods
EURAXESS offer ID: 602792
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.