ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Pardubice, Pardubice, Czech Republic
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Applied chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/03/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Pardubice
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2021
REFERENCE NUMBERUPa 2021_3
UNIVERSITY OF PARDUBICE, Faculty of Chemical Technology
is hiring 1 postdoc researcher in the following field:
1 – KA12 – Synthesis and application of new bimetallic complexes
The postdoctoral researcher will deal with synthesis of new bimetallic complexes and their subsequent application. The research aims at using such complexes as precursors for the development of new nanomaterials or as catalysts for the preparation of new branched biopolymers. Degradation of the precursors will lead to targeted synthesis of new nanomaterials containing metals from the original complexes. The same bimetallic compounds will be further tested as catalysts for polymer reactions or other energy-intensive chemical reactions. The prepared compounds qualify as advanced materials (KETs) which will greatly contribute to the field of Industrial Chemistry and thus fall under the area of Smart Specialization compatible with the RIS3. The researcher may contribute by his or her experience with the synthesis and characterization of precursors and materials, and by evaluating their structure and characteristics using the methods of theoretical chemistry or XRD. In addition, the researcher will also contribute by his or her knowledge of catalytic studies in the area of polymerization reactions.
The researcher shall actively participate in a conference, seminar, or workshop organized by the receiving institution at least once in every six months of the mobility.
Objectives and expected benefits
The Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry of the Faculty of Chemical Technology of the University of Pardubice will benefit from the enhanced use of coordination compounds for the synthesis of nanomaterials. The stay will also make it possible to combine the knowledge about the structure of the compounds thanks to the methods of theoretical chemistry and XRD. The foundations in theoretical chemistry will make it possible to prepare mechanisms for relevant chemical transformations where the new bimetallic complexes will act as catalysts. The research carried out by the postdoctoral researcher will follow up on the existing research activities of the Department in the field of coordination and organometallic chemistry and its application. Prof. Roman Jambor, PhD. will be available as a mentor for the postdoctoral researcher throughout the entire stay.
- Ph.D. or its foreign equivalent (ISCED Level 8) awarded not earlier than 7 years before the beginning of the mobility,
- over the past 3 years, the candidate has spent a minimum of 2 continuous years (as of the beginning of the mobility) outside the Czech Republic working as a researcher (with FTE of 0.5 and more) or did Ph.D. studies abroad;
- over the past 3 years the candidate has published a minimum of 2 papers (as of the beginning of the mobility) in journals indexed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases.
The winning candidate should not be employed by another university or similar institution as of the commencement date. This requirement may be waived if applied for in the hiring procedure.
Place of work
University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Studentska 95, 532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic, the Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry.
What we offer
- 18-month fixed-term employment
- expected commencement date: 1st May. 2021
- full-time work (8 hours/day, working hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- gross monthly salary: CZK 63 500,-
- employee benefits: annual leave, contributions for meals
- friendly environment, induction training
The application must contain:
- Application form (filled in)
- A copy of university diploma, or a decision on its recognition
- A certificate on a language exam passed during the studies or a statement of the institution from which the candidate graduated - for English language as a minimum
- A list of publications, especially publications in journals indexed in Web of Science.
- A motivation letter including a description of the benefit for the receiving institution.
- A brief description of the existing research
- A list and a brief description of research projects (national and international) in which the candidate participated (including the position)
- Other documents evidencing research activities carried out outside the Czech Republic
- List of international stays and their brief description
- A letter of recommendation of the previous supervisor or the head of the department or team where the candidate worked
All of the documents must be submitted in English. A university diploma or a decision on its recognition and a language exam certificate may also be submitted in Czech or Slovak. If an original of a document is not in Czech, Slovak or English, an official translation into one of these languages is required. An authenticated copy is not required for the purposes of the selection procedure, a printed or an electronic (pdf) one is sufficient.
The application, including the attachments, must be sent by 5th March 2021 electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Ing. Libuše Cermanová
University of Pardubice
532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic
(please state „Neotvírat – výběrové řízení“ (Do not open – selection procedure) on the left side of the envelope).
Timetable of the selection procedure
- Announcement of the call on the website of the University of Pardubice and Euraxess: by 26th February
- Deadline for submitting the required documents: by 5th March
- Evaluation: by 19th March
- Notification of the results and their announcement on the website of the University of Pardubice: by 26th March 2021
Each candidate will be notified in writing and will receive his or her record. The record will also define the appeal procedure and its time schedule. The results of the selection procedure will be published on the website of the University of Pardubice.
Appeals must be filed within 10 business days after the results were published on the University website. The appeal must be delivered to the contact person (Mrs. Libuše Cermanová) at the University of Pardubice within the set time. The appeal will be dealt within 10 business days after received.
EURAXESS offer ID: 602258
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.