RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › 3 D modellingComputer science › OtherEngineering › Computer engineeringMathematics › Computational mathematicsTechnology › Computer technologyTechnology › Graphic techniques
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/03/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER900025
Salary £50,317.00 per annum (pro rata)
Key words: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, GAN, Rendering, Hair Modelling, Facial Modelling
The postdoctoral research fellow will join the Centre for Applied Creative Technologies (CfACTs), a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) COFUND research training centre that provides international mobility and cross-sectoral experience through a well-aligned research and training programme. This position is available on a 2 year fixed-term basis.
If you have research and/or development experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence (such as using GAN, implementing image processing solutions, developing computer vision algorithms), this would be a good opportunity for you to develop your career further. This post will offer necessary training and career development opportunity for conducting multi-disciplinary research in one chosen research theme and widen your career choices.
The fellow will be an employee at the National Centre for Computer Animation (Bournemouth University), a world leading research centre on computer animation, and embark on a two-year programme with one of the industrial partners:
- Framestore, a globally known VFX-company, who has a proud history creating extraordinary images and scenes for some of Hollywood’s biggest pictures;
- Humain, who create realistic digital humans for world leading AAA video game developers such as Microsoft and Activision (Call of Duty)
Details of available research themes are listed below. The fellow will implement and deliver the research outcomes by working closely with academic and industrial supervisors.
To be eligible to apply an applicant must meet the requirements outlined and:
- Be in possession of a doctorate or have at least four years full-time equivalent research experience.
- Not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the United Kingdom for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline.
Please REGISTER YOUR INTEREST by filling out the online form as early as possible to receive dedicated support for potential applicants.
£50,000.00 per annum
1. The applicant can be of any nationality.
2. At the close of Call 1 (30 April, 2021), the applicant must meet the requirements of an MSCA ‘experienced researcher’:
he/she is in possession of a doctoral degree, or with at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience (measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
3. The applicant must move or have moved from any country to the UK. Specifically: The researcher cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the UK for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline (30 April, 2021).
Application deadline: 27 Mar 2022 23:00hrs GMT
Review of Applications: Apr 2022 Interviews: *May 2022 (interview date to be confirmed)
Fellowships start date expected: *July at Bournemouth University
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Hold a PhD degree (or equivalent research experience)
Relevant research experience in artificial intelligence, computer vision, computer graphic, or a related discipline
Familiar with current developments in research with the ability to identify appropriate research options, methods and theoretical perspectives.
Research active with some evidence of publications and/or conference papers
Research and writing skills to publishable standard
Programming skills of Python, C or C++
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work well both as a team member and on own initiative
EURAXESS offer ID: 601614
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.