ORGANISATION/COMPANYMedical University of Varna
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › OtherMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/04/2021 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONBulgaria › Varna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The Medical University – Varna, Bulgaria, is looking for a full time Post-doctoral fellow to join the research team of the ERA Chair of Translational Stem Cell Biology, at the newly established Research Institute of MU-Varna (RIMUV). ERA Chair leads a newly established and outstanding team of researchers, to improve the excellence of the research and innovation landscape in Bulgaria, working on basic and clinical research involving the use of adult stem cells.
The appointee will have responsibility for conducting research studies, in a stimulating and international environment.
Description of the project can be found here: http://transtem.org/en/home/objective/.
Working in close collaboration with the ERA Chair, he/she will participate in, and develop on a day-to-day basis, a research project based on the function of human hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) and of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), their interaction with their microenvironment (niche), their homing and mobilization as well as intervention in their function using genetic modification (CRISPR/Cas9). Moreover, the project will focus on microvesicles/exosomes as a tool for stem cells cross-communication with other supporting and differentiated cells. The candidate Post-doctoral fellow will have the following responsibilities:
- To develop ex vivo models of HSC, MSC, NSC, iPSC, tumor SC (purification/generation, identification, expansion, storing, manipulation, co-culturing, quality control, etc.).
- Participation in planning of experiment (e.g., to investigate the role of exosomes in cellular crosstalks, CRISPR/Cas9 based editing, etc.)
- To analyze transcriptomic and proteomic datasets generated in-house.
Salary ~3000 euro gross per month.
Applications, including a CV and covering letter, should be sent to the Head of Administration and to the ERA Chair at the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org; by March 1st 2021 at the latest.
The appointment is planned to commence on April 1st 2021 at the latest.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalentMedical sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Holding a PhD in molecular biology/cellular biology/experimental hematology, or related disciplines, is essential.
- Professional experience in hematology, cell, stem cell research, research laboratories.
- Previous pertinent publication track is desirable.
- Fluent command of English.
- PhD degree.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- High dexterity for laboratory work
- Previous experience with stem cell research essential
- Professional and meticulous
- Ability to work in an international environment
EURAXESS offer ID: 600696
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.