ORGANISATION/COMPANYCentre of Excellence for advanced materials application SAS, CEMEA
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Inorganic chemistryEngineering › Materials engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/03/2021 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK39.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Centre of Excellence for Advanced Materials Application (CEMEA), Slovak Academy of Sciences in Bratislava, Slovakia (http://www.cemea.sav.sk/) is seeking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to support a research project on the development and characterization of novel anode and cathode materials for Li-ion and Na-ion batteries. The candidate will be expected to independently solve research and technical problems and be able to effectively communicate his/her work with other members of the research team. He/she will be responsible for preparing, presenting, and reporting research results and publishing scientific results in key peer-reviewed journals in a timely manner. The successful candidate will work in a team environment, interacting with other CEMEA staff, but also with a project partners from the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry (IIC) and Institute of Materials Research (IMR), SAS . The successful candidate will also assist senior staff with the development of R&D proposals and planning, coordinating, and reporting R&D activities in related research areas.
This position will be available from May 1st, 2021. Initial appointment will be for 12 months, with the possibility of extension for another year. The position will have a mentor (Assoc. prof. Zoltán Lenčéš). Starting salary will be in the range 1870, - Euro € - 2 100, - €.
To apply for this position, please send your CV, motivation letter and list of publications to email@example.com.
- PhD in materials science, materials chemistry, inorganic materials and technology or a related fields.
- PhD obtained not earlier than 5 years prior to the date of application (2016).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language.
- Ability to work as a part of team, excellent research management skills, flexibility.
- Considerable expertise in processing of inorganic materials (preferably ceramics), including powder preparation, cross-linking and pyrolysis of polymer precursors, DTA-TG and DSC analysis, sintering of materials, characterization of materials (phase and chemical analysis, electrical and thermal conductivity, etc.).
- Strong record of productive and creative research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Experience in leading a research project, including collection and analysis of data.
EURAXESS offer ID: 600161
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.