ORGANISATION/COMPANYCentre of Excellence for advanced materials application SAS, CEMEA
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Inorganic chemistryEngineering › Materials engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/03/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Centre of excellence for advanced materials application (CEMEA), Slovak Academy of Sciences in Bratislava (http://www.cemea.sav.sk/) is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to support research project on the design, synthesis and characterization of new High Entropy Ceramic materials for extreme applications. The candidate will be expected to independently solve research and technical problems and be able to effectively communicate their work with other members of the research team. They will be responsible for preparing, presenting, and reporting research results and publishing scientific results in key peer-reviewed journals in a timely manner. The successful candidate will work in a team environment, interacting with other CEMEA staff, but also with a project partner, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry (IIC), Institute of Materials Research (IMR) and other. The successful candidate will also assist senior staff with the development of R&D proposals and planning, coordinating, and reporting R&D activities in related research areas.Q
This position will be available from May 1st, 2021. Initial appointment will be for 12 months, with the possibility of extension for another year. The position will have a mentor (prof. Pavol Sajgalik). Starting salary will be in the range 1870, - Euro € - 2 100, - €.
To apply for this position, please send your CV, motivation letter and list of publications to email@example.com.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- PhD in Materials Science, Materials Chemistry, Inorganic materials and technology or a related field.
- PhD obtained not earlier than five years prior to the date of application
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate in English to an international scientific audience
- Ability to work as part of a team, excellent research management skills, flexibility
- Considerable expertise in processing of high entropy ceramics or ultra-high temperature ceramics, including powder preparation, sintering (Field Assisted Sintering Technology, Hot pressing), and characterization and analytical techniques (phase and chemical analysis, mechanical properties, etc.).
- Strong record of productive and creative research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Experience leading a research project, including collection and analysis of data
EURAXESS offer ID: 599684
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.