ORGANISATION/COMPANYLudwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Digital systemsEngineering › Biomedical engineeringMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/03/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Salzburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2021
The vision of our international interdisciplinary research team at the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention in Salzburg, Austria, (https://dhp.lbg.ac.at) is to provide society with user friendly, evidence based digital support tools that facilitate healthy lifestyle changes in order to prevent or successfully treat chronic diseases. In close collaboration with our partners Paris-Lodron University Salzburg (Dept. of Mathematics, Dept. of Human Computer Interaction), University of Applied Sciences, Salzburg Research and the Austrian Institute of Technology, and University Hospital Salzburg, initial efforts are put on increasing physical activity, either through focused exercise training or through increased mild to moderate activities of daily living (extended walking, cycling, climbing stairs instead of using elevators), which is key in preventing a range of physical and mental illnesses. Current solutions on the market often lack a robust scientific evidence base, are too specialized or are difficult to use for certain user groups, e.g., elderly patients in cardio-vascular rehabilitation.
We are looking for a highly motivated
Principal Investigator in Digital Health Technology (m/f/d)
to join our team at the University Hospital Salzburg as soon as possible.
In this role, you will
- lead 2 research program lines and the associated research teams (Co-Investigators, PostDocs, PhD candidates, developers, etc.) as Principal Investigator with a focus on (1) data analysis and modelling for assessment, prediction and personalization, and (2) technology assisted interventions for (health) behavior change (including just-in-time interventions)
- lead software, platform and app development in Digital Health projects
- communicate with researchers from various fields and different user groups (e.g. patients and their families, healthcare professionals, administrators and policy makers) and integrate these various sources of knowledge into a coherent digital roadmap for our institute
- interlink and collaborate closely with the 2 other Principal Investigators, their program lines and activities
- jointly publish scientific papers on methodological and applied aspects of our work
- liaise with collaborators and representatives from partner institutions and network partners
- optionally, after a period of vocational adjustment: be eligible to apply for the Co-Director position of the institute
- Weekly working hours: 40
- Place of work: Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention at the Institute for Sports Medicine, University Hospital Salzburg, Lindhofstraße 22, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
- Start date: April 2021 or later
- Duration: until September 2026
- Annual salary before tax: EUR 72.800,- (EUR 5.200,- per month, 14 times per year)
We are looking for a colleague who shares our enthusiasm for versatile digital support solutions that benefit healthy lifestyles and improve quality of life; and who is passionate about shaping and developing novel research and innovation in digital technologies for healthy behavior change.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work in a highly innovative team at the forefront of health and technology, making a real impact and a real difference to people’s health and wellbeing.
Please email your application documents (CV and letter of motivation) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 1st March 2021 noon.
For queries or to informally discuss this position, please don’t hesitate to contact Andreas Stainer-Hochgatterer (email@example.com).
Prior to deciding whether you wish to apply, we welcome your informal visit or virtual meeting (depending on Coronavirus regulations) with the institute directors and Principal Investigators. Please contact Andreas Stainer-Hochgatterer should you wish to arrange such a visit/meeting.
We offer a challenging and supported position at one of the largest independent research organizations in Austria. The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention is hosted by the Ludwig Boltzmann Gesellschaft (LBG), a research organization with a focus on medicine, life sciences, humanities, social and cultural studies, specifically targeting novel research questions in Austria. Together with academic and applied partner organizations, the LBG currently hosts 21 research institutes and groups, and develops and evaluates new forms of collaboration between scientific and non-scientific stakeholders such as businesses, the public sector and civil society, proactively identifying and addressing societal challenges to which research can contribute solutions. The LBG employs over 550 staff.
The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention is situated in the city center of Salzburg, one of the most sought-after locations not only in Austria, with a high standard of living, family-friendly lifestyle, world-class cultural activities, and close proximity to Alpine leisure resorts. We offer a dynamic work environment, a friendly and appreciative way of working together, and personal and professional continuing development opportunities.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Enthusiasm for versatile digital solutions that benefit healthy lifestyles and improve quality of life
- PhD degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., medical engineering, medical informatics or data science) or Master-level degree with strong evidence of substantial and relevant work experience at an equivalent level
- Knowledge and experience in related IT and software technologies (including apps), system architectures and related standards
- Experience in software development (web and mobile)
- Strong interest for innovative technologies and trends
- Visionary and future-oriented way of thinking, desire and passion for implementing digital solutions in the medical field
- Strong commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration and communication with colleagues from different academic disciplines, e.g., medicine, sports science, informatics, and psychology
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
EURAXESS offer ID: 599267
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.