ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidad de Salamanca
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Salamanca
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE15/03/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
The University of Salamanca invites application for a 3-year Project Manager position (with the possibility of an extension for further 1.5 years). The position is part of the project ATTOSTRUCTURA, “Structured attosecond pulses for ultrafast nanoscience”, funded by the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement No. 851201), supervised by Dr. Carlos Hernández-García, and with a duration of 5 years. The contract shall start on March 15th 2021.
FUNCTIONS TO PLAY
- Elaboration and submission of official reports (technical and financial and/or amendments) of the ATTOSTRUCTURA project.
- Organize dissemination and outreach activities under the WP5 “Dissemination, Outreach and Management” of the project.
- Organize travels under the ATTOSTRUCTURA project.
- Conduct post-analysis of research results under the coordination and supervision of Dr. Carlos Hernández-García, with particular attention into task WP1.T5 “To implement a multiplatform user-friendly HHG code to be freely used by the EU community”.
- Follow up and control of budget.
- Monitor progress and deviations from project’s timetable.
- The Project Manager, along with the Coordinator of the project Dr. C Hernández-García, will be in charge of the communications with the Project Officer assigned by the EC to the project.
- Relations with the University´s project Management Offices.
- Arrange project-related activities (travel, schools, congress…etc.).
- Coordinate and provide support for the purchase of project materials.
- To provide support to project implementation.
- To provide support for maintaining the content of the website of the ATTOSTRUCTURA project.
- Type of contract:
- Temporary contract for work and service.
- Initially limited to three years.
- Full-time employee (37,5 hours a week)
- Economic compensation:
- Gross salary of 1.789 €/month.
- Research Project:
- ATTOSTRUCTURA, “Structured attosecond pulses for ultrafast nanoscience”, funded by the European Research Council (ERC)
- Laser Applications and Photonics Research group (ALF-USAL) at University of Salamanca.
- Estimated starting date: March 15th 2021.
CRITERIA OF EVALUATION
Curricular scoring (0 – 36 points)
Applicants must provide proof of:
- Accredited work experience demonstrable in European Projects managing (FP7, H2020, LIFE…) (2 points per year, up to a maximum of 4 points)
- Accredited work experience demonstrable in other Project managing (Regional and National funds, private Foundations…) (2 points per year, up to a maximum of 4 points)
- PhD in Physics (6 points), Chemistry or related Engineering degrees (4 points), or in other discipline (1 point).
- Advanced level of English (up to a maximum of 2 points).
- Educational background and training for this position (up to a maximum of 10 points).
- Accredited relevant acquired skills through prior positions (up to a maximum of 10 points).
Personal interview (0-20)
Those three candidates who meet the requirements and obtain the best scoring based on academic merit and technical qualifications will be invited to a personal interview.
Communication skills, enthusiasm, teamwork skills, and ability to integrate in multidisciplinary research teams will be valued (up to a maximum of 20 points).
The selection process is governed by the principles of publicity, equality, merit, and ability, constituting the effect one selecting body composed of representatives of the group of research of USAL.
The selection process will consist of two phases:
1. Analysis phase and curricular value of all nominations received, classified on the basis of better adaptation of the Curriculum vitae to the profile established and compliance with the requirements.
2. Personal interview: the three candidates with the highest scores in the Phase 1 will be selected for a personal interview.
The selection commission will be made up of two members of the research team and one of the management unit who will be responsible for evaluating the capacities of each applicant with respect to the workstation. The members of the commission are:
Dr. Carlos Hernández-García
Prof. Luis Plaja
María José Gil Ingelmo
- Application deadline: February 24th 2021.
- Interested candidates should send a CV (maximum 5 pages), a personal statement with interests and reasons for applying to Dr. Carlos Hernández-García (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For further information please contact Dr. Carlos Hernández-García (email@example.com)
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: Bachelor Degree or equivalentChemistry: Bachelor Degree or equivalentEngineering: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- University degree in Physics, Chemistry or related Engineering degrees or equivalent.
- Level of English: higher than B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Marco Común Europeo de Referencia para las Lenguas (MCER) or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of office software (PC / Mac), internet and e-mail.
EURAXESS offer ID: 598560
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.