ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Southern Denmark (SDU)
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/02/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Odense M
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
A position as postdoctoral fellow is available at the https://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/institutter_centre/bmb_biokemi_og_molekylae...Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, with a flexible starting date (preferably 1 May 2021 or earlier). The position is funded for two years with the possibility for extension.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated colleague with a PhD degree in life sciences (biologist, biochemist, biomedical degree or related) who is interested in understanding chromatin dynamics and histone posttranslational modifications during diet-induced-obesity in mice. A background in NGS and/or experience in analysing mouse models of obesity and T2D is a plus.
The future colleague will actively contribute to other research projects in the group and will constitute a central part of an ambitious, international team of young and ambitious scientists.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with one or many of the following:
- Handling and metabolic phenotyping of transgenic mice.
- Performing NGS experiments (library preparation and analysis of RNA-Seq and ChiP-Seq data).
- Molecular and ex vivo techniques (primary adipocyte cell culture, cell lines, qPCR, Western Blot).
- Assisting in grant funding applications, training of students and guests.
- Contributing to teaching activities in English.
Your education and background:
- A PhD degree in life sciences with a special focus on physiology and chromatin biology.
- Ideally one first authorship in a high impact journal or a in field-specific journal.
- Proficiency in R and willingness to receive training in in silico analysis of NGS data.
- A team player with good collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- An enthusiastic, positive attitude towards science and its contribution to society.
- Diligence and intellectual flexibility as required for an academic position.
- An open and positive mind that contributes to the success of the whole research team.
Please see the full call, including how to apply, on https://www.sdu.dk/da/service/ledige_stillinger/1138947www.sdu.dk.
EURAXESS offer ID: 597923
Posting organisation offer ID: 735189
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.