ORGANISATION/COMPANYTechnical University of Denmark
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › 2800 Kgs. Lyngby
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER956713
This Ph.D. project will explore the latest advances within machine learning to enable pre- and –post compensation techniques for distortion-free communication over the ultra-wideband (O+E+S+C+L) transmission window. The project will investigate how to learn the optimum signaling and pulse-shaping schemes from the transmit-receive data. Therefore, the application and efficient training for auto-encoders will be investigated. The project will cover both algorithm development as well as experimental implementations.
This PhD position will investigate the research topics below using both theoretical and experimental methods, but not limited to these topics:
• Develop novel machine learning based transmitter and receiver schemes for ultra-wideband optical communication systems
• Investigate the impact of non-ideal transmission schemes on the performance of the learned signaling schemes
• Apply machine learning algorithms to improve the knowledge on the transfer function applied by the nonlinear fiber channel
• Investigate the limitations of the machine learning based transmitter-receiver architectures
Normal MSCA requirements apply:
- Must not have obtained a PhD degree yet
- Did not reside in Italy for more than 12 months in the previous 3 years
- Is in the first 4 years of his/her research career.
EURAXESS offer ID: 597517
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.