RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/03/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Utrecht
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
In recent years we have developed new proteomics methods ranging from improved separation and enrichment methodologies to new fragmentation techniques and targeted analysis of post-translation modifications (PTMs). These improvements enable us to decipher the complexity of the human proteome, consisting of dynamic protein-protein interactions, PTMs, protein synthesis and degradation, protein complex assembly and disassembly, etc. To further advance the impact of our proteomics tools in the biological and clinical setting, smooth integration with other omics technologies such as genomics and metabolomics is a prerequisite.
For this position, we seek a highly motivated Biochemist or Analytical Chemist with proven expertise in mass spectrometry and proteomics. Having your own project, you will team-up with dedicated Researchers combining expertise in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, and bioinformatics to further develop state-of-the-art proteomics methods that will answer pressing biological questions. As part of the Netherlands X-omics Initiative, you will interact and collaborate with national and international Researchers to enable the efficient integration of proteomics data and workflows with other omics technologies and enable the translation of the integrated X-omics datasets into biologically relevant information.
Recent illustrative work
- Kleinpenning F, et al. (2020) Fishing for newly synthesized proteins with phosphonate-handles. Nature Communications 11(1), 3244.
- Schmidlin T, et al. (2019) High-Throughput Assessment of Kinome-wide Activation States. Cell Systems 9(4):366-374.
- Ressa A, et al. (2018) A System-wide Approach to Monitor Responses to Synergistic BRAF and EGFR Inhibition in Colorectal Cancer Cells. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics. 17(10), 1892-1908.
- location: Utrecht University, Utrecht, the Netherlands;
- a position for 4 years. We would like to fill this position as soon as possible;
- a full-time gross salary ranging from € 2,790 to € 4,402 in scale 10;
- benefits including 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (cao).
In addition to the employment conditions laid down in the cao for Dutch Universities, Utrecht University has a number of its own arrangements. For example, there are agreements on professional development, leave arrangements, and sports. We also give you the opportunity to expand your terms of employment yourself via the Employment Conditions Selection Model. This is how we like to encourage you to continue to grow.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. If you have the expertise and the experience to excel in this role, then simply respond via the “Apply now” button! Please enclose:
- your letter of motivation;
- your curriculum vitae;
- the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least two references.
If this specific opportunity isn’t for you, but you know someone who may be interested, please forward this vacancy to them.
Please note: Due to the current situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the process of selection and interviews is subject to change. Initial interviews will most likely be conducted online.
Some connections are fundamental – Be one of them
Web site for additional job details
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- experience with mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography;
- sample preparation for proteomics workflows;
- experience with cross-omics and systems biology is appreciated;
- programming skills or R-experience is appreciated;
- good spoken and written English language skills.
EURAXESS offer ID: 597345
Posting organisation offer ID: 297268
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.