ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculty of Geodesy, University in Zagreb
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCroatia › Zagreb
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
UNIVERSITY OF ZAGREB
FACULTY OF GEODESY
Zagreb, 20. 01. 2021.
THE OPEN CALL
for a position of the type I in the associate title - postdoc, in the scientific field: Natural sciences, scientific field: Physics (temporary position, full time) in the organizational unit Hvar Observatory, Faculty of Geodesy, University of Zagreb.
Applicants must meet the requirements prescribed by the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education (National Gazzete 123/03, 198/03, 105/04, 174/04, 2/07 – Decision of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Croatia, 46/07, 45/09, 63/11, 94/13, 139/13, 101/14. – Decision of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Croatia, 60/15. – Decision of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Croatia and 131/17, 96/18 - Decree of the Government of the Republic of Croatia amending the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education).
1) PhD in physics, geophysics, astrophysics or related studies
2) knowledge of English
3) past experience in the fields of astrophysics, plasma physics, solar and heliospheric physics, geomagnetism and/or space-weather
SPECIFIC SELECTION CRITERIA:
1) commitment to collaborative work
2) a high level of motivation
3) good communication skills
4) past participation in scientific research, published papers, personal presentations at scientific conferences
5) knowledge of Python and IDL programming languages
6) recognitions, awards, etc. for excellence in studies and research
7) recommendations from former mentors, professors or associates
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
- Research of the influence of the coronal holes on the propagation of coronal mass ejections using satellite data and the drag- based model in the scope of the Croatian science foundation's project ICOHOSS under supervision of dr. Mateja Dumbovic and in collaboration with dr. Bojan Vrsnak (Hvar Observatory), as well as in collaboration with dr. Manuela Temmer and dr. Astrid Veronig (University of Graz)
- scientific training in the field of solar and heliospheric physics (scientific stays at other institutions, scientific workshops)
- presentation of research results at international scientific meetings and publication of scientific papers in international peer-review journals
- participation in the organization of international scientific meetings
2) a copy of a degree certificate of the appropriate PhD study
3) certified copy of the citizenship certificate or e-citizenship certificate (Croatian citizens) or a document from which citizenship is visible (foreign citizens)
4) motivation letter
Job applications can be submitted by persons of both sexes (article 13. of the Act on Gender Equality, National Gazette number: 82/08, 69/17).
The applicants who have priority right according to the special law are obliged to refer to such right and attach the proof of such a status. Such applicants have advantage over other applicants only under identical conditions.
The Faculty of Geodesy, University in Zagreb collects and processes personal data of the applicants participating in the job competition for the purpose of checking the qualification and competition requirements in accordance with the Regulation on Protection and Processing of Personal Data (Ref.No.: 602-08/18-07/03, File No.: 380-65-07-03-18-2 of 13. November 2018).
The application is submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Based on the received applications, online interview of selected candidates will be carried out using Zoom/Skype (candidates will be informed of the term e-mail testing). The contract of employment with the final selected candidate will be signed for a period of 2 years, after the approval of the Croatian Science Foundation. Before signing the contract, the selected candidate will have to enclose a certificate of the competent court that criminal proceedings are not being conducted against them (not older than six months) and a proof of working experience.
EURAXESS offer ID: 596588
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.