ORGANISATION/COMPANYLa Salle - Ramon Llull University
RESEARCH FIELDArchitecture › DesignArchitecture › OtherEconomics › Construction economicsEconomics › Economic policyEconomics › Environmental economicsEngineering › Design engineeringEngineering › Project engineeringEnvironmental science › OtherGeography › Human geographyGeography › OtherGeography › Social geographyPolitical sciences › GovernancePolitical sciences › Policy studiesSociology › Social changesSociology › Urban sociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKFull time
OFFER STARTING DATE01/06/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER956082
Applications are open for 6 Early Stage Researchers that will be funded by the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions within the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission through the Innovative Training Network "RE-DWELL: Delivering affordable and sustainable housing in Europe."
The RE-DWELL consortium consists of 10 universities and 12 non-academic partner organisations representing 9 European countries (Spain, France, UK, Croatia, Hungary, Cyprus, Netherlands, Portugal and Belgium).
RE-DWELL will train a new generation of professionals with the transdiscipinary skills to address the urgent need for affordable and sustainable housing, a major challenge for European societies. 15 early-stage researchers will carry out a transdisciplinary research encompassing design planning and building, of quality experts from 10 higher academic institutions and 12 professional, social and political organizations involved in housing provision in Europe.
Please visit the project website (www.re-dwell.eu) to get more information about each ESR position, and to access the application forms.
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie programme offers highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions which include:
- a living allowance* (between 2,500 and 4,509 Euros per month, depending on the country of the host institution)
- a monthly mobility allowance (600 Euros per month)
- a family allowance (if applicable, 500 Euros per month)
These allowances are used to cover your gross salary, employers' compulsory deductions and benefits for the threee years of the Marie Curie programme. The living allowance is a gross EU contribution to the salary costs of the full-time researcher. The family allowance is an estimated average that will be adapted to the specific conditions of the hired researcher. All three subsidies are subject to the deduction of compulsory social security contributions and income taxes in accordance with the regulations applicable in the country of the host institution. And the end of the three-year contract any possible difference between the gross amounts paid and the amount to be paid according to the programme will be equalized.
Enrolment fees in the PhD programme of the host institution will be covered by the programme during the 36-month period.
*A country correction coefficient applies to the living allowance. This coefficient is the one applicable to the country of the beneficiary. To ensure equal treatment and purchasing power parity, this amount is adjusted through the application of a correction coefficient based on the country in which you have been recruited.
The candidates must fulfil the eligibility and mobility requirements of the Marie Curie ITN programme:
- Eligibility: To be eligible for recruitment within an ITN project, you must - at the date of recruitment - be within the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of your research career and not have a doctoral degree. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when you obtained the degree entitling you to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained, or in the country in which you are recruited), even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged. You may therefore be required to provide documentation proving your eligibility for recruitment.
- Mobility: You are required to undertake transnational mobility in order to be eligible for recruitment in an ITN project. As such, you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (e.g. work, studies) in the country where you are applying to for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Holidays are not counted. Your employer is required to verify this fact, therefore you may be required to provide supporting documentation proving your place(s) of residence or work during the previous 3 years. Note that the mobility rule applies only to your first recruitment within the project, and not to other organisations to which you might be sent on secondments or at which you may subsequently also be recruited. Finally, the mobility rule is related to your residence or main activity and not to your nationality.
Please find more information about the requirements for Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowships in Innovative Training Networks (ITN) at https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/sites/mariecurie2/files/...
After the end of the call on February 19, the ESR recruitment committees (superisor and co-supervisors) will review the applications and interview the candidates online to selct the best two candidates for a final stage presentation.
In mid-March, a two-day online conference will be organized for candidates to present their project to the Supervisory Board of the network. The Board will make recommendations for the ESR appointment to the host institution which will initiate the process to contract the selected candidate. The contract with the host universty will be completed before June 1, 2021.
Each researcher will work at the host university awarding the PhD degree. In addition, the researcher will spend 2 to 3 months in the partner organisations participating in their research project.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELArchitecture: Master Degree or equivalentOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
The skills are specific for each ESR position, and they may include some of the following:
- Experience with building energy simulation tools and knowledge of some of the leading certificates for sustainable buildings
- Experience with BIM software and digital fabrication technologies
- Excellent written, verbal and visual representation skills.
The requirements are specific for each ESR position, and they may include some of the following:
- Professional experience in housing design and construction is desirable
- Knowledge of social sciences and/or political sciences
- Professional experience in community-based methods and participatory design strategies for local development is desirable
- Professional experience in housing design and construction with industrialized procedures is desirable
- Demonstrable awareness of industry and academic debates around the social value of housing
- Knowledge of planning policy and development is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English (level C1, C2), oral and writing
- Knowledge of other languages, in particular of the official language of the host institution, is desirable.
Required research experience
The research experience is specific for each ESR position, and it may include some of the following:
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for research methodolgoy and methods in urban planning and architecture
- Experience with social research methods
- Experience with mapping tools, qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, Stata, R, ATLAS.ti, etc.)
- Experience with research on affordability and/ or international comparative research is desirable
EURAXESS offer ID: 595590
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.