ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Bucharest
RESEARCH FIELDGeosciences › Hydrology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/02/2021 15:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONRomania › Bucharest
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK10
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
REFERENCE NUMBERTE 140 ⁄ 2020
The University of Bucharest is engagement a young postdoctoral researcher (CS III) in the framework of the project "Grazing Effects on Runoff and Soil Erosion over Grassland – A field Plot-Scale Hydrologic Experimental Approach" (PN-III-P1-1.1-TE-2019-1180).
The new member will be involved with hydrological modeling (e.g., HEC-HMS: EF5).
- according to the approved budget and the legislation in force.
- age: < 40 years (according to the financing contract of the program "Research projects to stimulate young independent teams", TE-2019);
holding the title of scientific researcher III (CS III);
hydrological PhD (geographical background).
Send your Europass CV and a motivation letters to email@example.com, no later than 2 February 2021 (15:00).
The selection process will consist of two phases:
(i) evaluation of the files and verification of the fulfilment of the general (CV, research experience, publication list etc.) and specific conditions of participation (please see Eligibility criteria)!
(ii) interview - the selected candidates will be invited for an interview at the Research Institute of the University of Bucharest.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science › Water science
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELGeography: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESFRENCH: ExcellentROMANIAN: Good
- a good experience of working in a team, both in the office and in the field (expeditionary investigations; experimental measurements of the elements of the soil water balance equation);
- advanced knowledge of field collection/acquisition techniques, validation and processing, respectively statistical exploitation with hydrometeorological data;
- advanced competence in mapping environmental elements and numerical modeling / simulation of runoff and suspended load on the hillslope; hydraulic modeling (HEC-RAS 5.0.1 1D); hydrological modeling with HEC-HMS (Soil Moisture Accounting, Green Ampt - water infiltration in the soil, SCS etc.) and EF5 (distributed hydrological model);
- technical skills (R programming: working with basic packages, ggplot2, dlpyr, tydiverse; Python programming); data processing and satellite images in Geographic Information Systems (Sentinel I and II; Landsat family, MODIS using SNAP, R programs (raster and netcdf packages; QGIS, ArcMap, Global Mapper);
- good communication (written and spoken) in French and English; ISI papers (minimum 5).
- knowledge in the operation of computing technology: (i) Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); (ii) ArcGis; HEC-RAS 5.0.1 1D; HEC-HMS; EF5.
EURAXESS offer ID: 595373
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.