ORGANISATION/COMPANYHelmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistryComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/04/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Neuherberg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER956832
Advanced machine learning for Innovative Drug Discovery (AIDD)
AIDD Network: The European Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network AIDD brings together 11 academic institutions and 4 international companies and is supported by 12 partner organizations.
An application of Artificial Intelligence in drug development is not straightforward and requires excellent knowledge of chemistry and biology. The main goal of the AIDD project is to train and prepare a new generation of scientists who have skills both in machine learning and in chemistry and can advance medicinal chemistry and speed up the drug development process.
The project offers 15 Ph.D. positions. Fellows employed will be supervised by academics who have excellent complementary expertise and contributed some of the fundamental AI algorithms which are used billions of times per day in the world, and leading EU Pharma companies who are in charge of new medicine and public health. All developed methods can be used individually but will also contribute to an integrated "One Chemistry" model that can predict outcomes ranging from different properties to molecule generation and synthesis. The network will offer comprehensive, structured training through a well-elaborated Curriculum, online courses, and six Schools.
Every fellow will work 1.5 years in an academic institution and 1.5 years in a company.
For further information see the site of the Project: http://ai-dd.eu
Marie Skłodowska-Curie funding offers highly competitive and attractive salaries. Gross and net amounts are subject to country-specific deductions as well as individual factors such as family allowance.
- Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, be in the first four years(full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree;
- At the time of recruitment by the host organization, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. As far as international European interest organizations or international organizations are concerned, this rule does not apply to the hosting of eligible researchers. However, the appointed researcher must not have spent more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment at the host organization.
- Each application will be screened by the respective supervisors from the host organizations
- Prospective candidates will be contacted by the supervisors for individual interviews and the best ones will be shortlisted
- The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the recruitment commission either in person or by SKYPE/Zoom
- The candidates will be informed by e-mail about the results of their applications
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentComputer science: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Master's degree in computer science, physics, chemistry, biology, or engineering with and sincere interest in biology and the life sciences;
- prior expertise in one or more of the following fields: machine learning, modeling and simulation;
- be excellent in oral and written English with good presentation skills;
- possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams;
- be a highly creative person with outstanding problem-solving ability and the willingness to undertake challenging analysis tasks in a timely fashion.
- Excellent software engineering skills are essential. Programming skills in Python must be top-notch;
- experience with relevant libraries (TensorFlow/PyTorch, the python scientific stack) is necessary;
- good command of modern software development tools, from git to continuous integration pipelines, is an additional plus.
EURAXESS offer ID: 594580
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.