ORGANISATION/COMPANYUNIVERSITY POMPEU FABRA
RESEARCH FIELDCommunication sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/01/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK10
OFFER STARTING DATE15/02/2021
We are seeking a research support staff for assisting in the creation of a database of literature in English, Spanish, Catalan and French.
He/she will work under the supervision of THINKClima coordinator to pursue the purposes of the Agencia Estatal de Investigación (AEI) and European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) funded research project called “Climate change, denialism and advocacy communication. Discourse and strategies of think tanks in Europe” (THINKClima).
THINKClima aims to analyse whether a consistent discourse of climate change denialism or scepticism exists among think tanks in Europe and, if so, identify its disseminators, the discourse and its impact.
This topic, widely studied in the United States, is under-researched in Europe with regard to both think tanks in general and climate change in particular. This project aims to investigate the universe of environmental think tanks addressing climate change issues in Europe in order to study their structure, strategies, discourse and discursive coalitions and thereby identify the main related narratives they employ, the reasons supporting those narratives and their impact. This is designed to (1) contribute to the awareness of those obstacles that prevent humanity from reacting to environmental issues; (2) expand our understanding of think tanks, organizations devoted to providing knowledge to society with the aim of influencing it; and (3) provide an ethical reflection on the role of communication and influence regarding climate change in Europe.
Project and Institution that finance the contract:
The work is supported by Agencia Estatal de Investigación (AEI) and European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Official number reference: CSO2016-78421-R THINKClima
- High School Diploma or Secundary School Certificate
- Proficiency level knowledge of Catalan language (C1-CEF, Common European Framework of Reference) and excellent levels of Spanish, English and French.
It will be valued:
- Degree in Communication (Masters in communication preferable)
- Experience in think tanks working
- Experience and/or training in literature review and database building
Details of the post:
- Incorporation: 15th February 2021
- Category: Research Support Staff type 4
- Attachment: UPF Poblenou Campus
- Expected duration: 3 months
- Dedication: part-time at 10 hours/week
- Approximate gross monthly salary: 470,14 euros
Interested persons must submit the following documentation:
- A complete curriculum vitae (“CV_Cognoms, Nom.pdf”)
- Letter of motivation (“Carta_Cognoms, Nom.pdf”).
Interested persons must submit their application to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the subject the offer code 2021-THINKCLIMA01 and attaching the indicated documents.
Registration deadline: 25th January 2021
EURAXESS offer ID: 594481
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.