ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Wroclaw
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Ancient history
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/02/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKTo be defined
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
Position of a post-doc within a NAWA-Chair project "From the Achaemenids to the Romans: Contextualizing empire and its longue-durée developments”
- apart from doing research, the successful candidate is expected to teach one class (30 hours) a year;
- she/he is expected to file applications for Polish or international research grants.
Remuneration : ca. 7300,- PLN per month.
- a personal data form
- a photocopy/ scan of BA and MA diplomas;
- a photocopy/scan of PhD diploma; a candidate who has not been awarded PhD yet please submit a statement from the appropriate university authorities stating that her/his dissertation has been filled and indicating the date of public defence; the application will considered only when the public defense is scheduled before 1 March 2021; a successful candidate may be employed at the University of Wrocław upon submitting a PhD diploma or a statement from her/his university indicating that the doctoral degree has been conferred
- a summary of scientific and educational accomplishments as well as others, connected with organization and popularization of research; please include relevant information on your academic mobility;
- a list of 10 best academic publications published no earlier than 2010;
- a PDF of three publications most representative for the candidate’s research profile;
- two letters of reference submitted directly by referees to Professor Małgorzata Pawlak (firstname.lastname@example.org); the candidate forfeits hereby her/his rights to access these letters;
- the information about languages command;
- the information on research grants in which you are a PI or investigator awarded and/or implemented within 10 years prior to submitting the application; please list grants awarded by ERC, other international agencies, Foundation for Polish Science, National Science Centre and Ministry for Science and Higher Education (Poland); please declare the amount of money granted;
- a list of papers presented to international conferences over the last 10 years;
- a one-page long paper about the candidate's research plans two and five years from now.
The application should include the following statement: "I agree to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of organizing and conducting the competition and providing information on the results of the competition. I accept that the administrator of the personal data is the University of Wrocław, Plac Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, Poland. I am aware of the fact that providing the data is voluntary, however, it is necessary for the realization of the purposes for which it was collected (in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 10th May 2018, Journal of Laws of 2018. item 1000)".
Legal basis: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELHistory: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- a PhD in classics/ ancient history, i.e. in the Polish classification of disciplines of science in history or literary studies, earned not earlier than 2018;
- the successful candidate is expected to contribute to the study of reaction of and changes within local population in a select area in the Eastern Mediterranean (e.g. Levant, Egypt) to transforming empires in the ancient Near East;
- a book derived from the candidate's dissertation and submitted to a high-caliber publisher would be a desirable outcome of her/his work in the project;
- a candidate who holds more than one doctoral degree, please be advised that she/he is qualified for this position if the earliest doctoral degree was granted no earlier than 2018;
- she/he should have a very good knowledge of Latin and Greek and reading ability in relevant modern languages other than English; any additional language of the ancient Near East is a bonus;
- preference will be given to a candidate whose dissertation relates to the topic of this project;
- other essential criteria are: publications (journal articles, chapters in edited volumes, books, authored or edited) and conference papers in antiquity studies;
- experience in team work in antiquity studies is an asset.
EURAXESS offer ID: 594463
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.