ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Wroclaw
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Ancient history
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/02/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKTo be defined
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
Experienced researcher within a NAWA-Chair project "From the Achaemenids to the Romans: Contextualizing empire and its longue-durée developments”
- research studies on the social, political and cultural consequences of the transformation of the Achaemenid empires and Alexander the Great, with particular emphasis on contacts and intercultural conflicts;
- submitting applications for Polish and international research grants.
Remuneration : ca. 9000,- PLN per month.
- a CV;
- a personal data form
- a photocopy/scan of MA diploma;
- a photocopy/scan of PhD diploma and habilitation diploma;
- a summary of scientific and educational accomplishments as well as others, connected with organization and popularization of research; please include relevant information on your academic mobility;
- a list of 10 best academic publications published no earlier than 2010;
- a PDF form of three publications most representative of your research profile;
- the information on research grants in which you are a PI awarded and/or implemented within 10 years prior to submitting the application; please list grants awarded by ERC, other international agencies, Foundation for Polish Science, National Science Centre and Ministry for Science and Higher Education (Poland); please declare the amount of money granted;
- a list of papers presented to international conferences over the last 10 years;
- a list of international conferences organized and co-organized by the candidate over the last 10 years;
- a list of academies of sciences and academic organizations to which the candidate was elected;
- a one-page long paper about the candidate's research plans in two and five years from now.
- the certificates of experience in providing administrative services for scientific projects in the field of humanities financed by means of a competition;
- the information about mobility;
- the information about languages command
The application should include the following statement: "I agree to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of organizing and conducting the competition and providing information on the results of the competition. I accept that the administrator of the personal data is the University of Wrocław, Plac Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, Poland. I am aware of the fact that providing the data is voluntary, however, it is necessary for the realization of the purposes for which it was collected (in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 10th May 2018, Journal of Laws of 2018. item 1000)".
Legal basis: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELHistory: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- a track record of publications within the area of the project preferably on Alexander the Great or the early-Hellenistic age.;
- contribution to the study of social, political and cultural consequences of transformation of empires of the Achaemenids and of Alexander the Great, with particular emphasis on intercultural contacts, conflicts and misunderstandings in the Eastern Mediterranean from the 5th until the 2nd c. BCE;
- a candidate should meet the criteria for a PI at NCN Maestro, i.e. over the period of the last 10 years she/he: published at least one major single-author monograph, 5 papers in renowned international journals, acted as the PI in at least two research projects funded in competitive calls for proposals, presented papers at renowned international conferences, has been a member of a scientific committee of at least one international conference.
EURAXESS offer ID: 594451
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.