RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/05/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Fukuoka
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Description of the institution (year of establishment, capital amount, number of employees, etc.), details of the business, recruitment background information, project description, etc.]
Position: One Faculty Member: Professor
Faculty section: Structure / Control of machines (artificial satellites) in space, Department of Advanced Energy Science and Engineering, Faculty of Engineering Sciences(FES), Kyushu University. All professors who belong to FES must commit themselves to educational duties at Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Engineering Sciences (IGSES) and School of Engineering (SE). IGSES and SE are scheduled to be reorganized in FY2021.
[Job description (work / duties after recruitment, subject responsible for, etc.)]
Research field: A successful candidate should have in-depth knowledge of control engineering under extreme environment, such as, robotics/artificial satellites in space. The candidate will be required to pursue innovative research using design thinking and lead his/her research field.
Educational activities: The successful candidate will be required to lecture at IGSES for graduate students. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to lecture at SE and KIKAN education for undergraduate students on the following topics: control theory, physics, and big data analysis. The candidate will also be required to supervise both Japanese and non-Japanese students in the bachelor, master and doctoral courses.
[Address of work location and other information]
6-1 Kasuga-kouen, Kasuga, Fukuoka, Japan
[Starting date, employment date, etc.]
Date of appointment: The earliest possible date after hiring decision
Evaluation process: (1) Documents review, (2) Interview (only for candidates selected through the documents review process, and no travel expenses will be paid.)
(1) Information about FES: http://www.tj.kyushu-u.ac.jp/ja/k_in/index.php
(2) Information about IGSES: http://www.tj.kyushu-u.ac.jp/en/index.php
(3) Information about SE: https://www.ieng.kyushu-u.ac.jp/
(4) Information about KIKAN education: https://www.artsci.kyushu-u.ac.jp/english/
(5) The same souse employment system has been implemented at Kyushu University since July 2017.
(6) In line with the Basic Act for a Gender-Equal Society (Act No. 78 of 1999), Kyushu University is an equal opportunity employer (http://danjyo.kyushu-u.ac.jp).
(7) Kyushu University is an equal opportunity employer and follows the principle of the Act on Employment Promotion etc. of Persons with Disabilities (Act No. 123 of 1960, revised in 2013) and Act on the Elimination of Discrimination against Persons with Disabilities (Act No. 65 of 2013).
(8) The newly employed faculty members will be in charge of lectures in English for at least five years.
(9) 350 m2 space will be provided for research activity.
(10) The annual salary system, which is introduced on 1st April 2020, will be applied. The annual salary is determined under the university's pay scale based on experience, etc.
(11) If the applicant is not a native Japanese speaker, daily communication skills in Japanese (including paperwork) are required.
EURAXESS offer ID: 592691
Posting organisation offer ID: D121010030
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.