ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › ArchaeologyHistory › Medieval history
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/02/2021 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
Call for candidates for a part-time position of a researcher in a research team for 31 months (0.125 FTE) at the Department of Medieval History, Faculty of History, University of Warsaw for the research project NCN GRIEG: “Symbolic Resources and Political Structures on the Periphery: Legitimization of the Elites in Poland and Norway, c. 1000-1300”
(No 2019/34/H/HS3/00500), principal investigator Dr. Grzegorz Pac
Planned duration of employment:
Total gross salary:
ca. 29 760 PLN
Application deadline: 5th February 2021
Application results: by 12th February 2021
The application process is conducted by the hiring committee in accordance with the regulations of the University of Warsaw, Faculty of History. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview, which will be conducted digitally between 8th and 12th February 2021.
Candidates will be informed of the results via e-mail. The application process is only the first stage of the employment procedure as defined by the Statute of the University of Warsaw. A successful application is the basis for further proceedings.
Beginning of employment is planned for 1st March 2021.
1. A letter of Application (to the Rector of the University of Warsaw).
2. Information about the agreement for the proceeding of personal data for purpose of recruitment in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May, 2018 (i.e. Journal Laws of 2018, Item 1000, as amended) (available on the website of the Human Resources Office of the University of Warsaw: http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/).
3. A copy of PhD Diploma or relevant document.
4. A CV and list of publications
5. A personal questionnaire (available on the website of the Human Resources Office of the University of Warsaw: http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/).
All documents should be sent by e-mail (entitled “GRIEG-konkurs3”) to the address of the Faculty of History: firstname.lastname@example.org and, in the hard copy, sent or delivered personally to the following address: Faculty of History, University of Warsaw, Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa, Poland.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPOLISH: ExcellentNORWEGIAN: ExcellentENGLISH: Good
Scope of work in the project:
• Research in the field of archaeology on coinage in the context of legitimization of the elites in Poland and Norway, c. 1000-1300;
• Publication of an article as the fruit of the research conducted in the project;
• Presentation of the research results on conferences or workshops;
• PhD in archaeology;
• Specialization in medieval numismatics;
• Preferably proven track record in the research on the topic related to the project’s theme;
• Knowledge of English, sufficient to present project results and prepare academic publications;
• Proficient knowledge of Polish and/or Norwegian (or other Scandinavian languages);
• Ability to conduct research in the project field and communicate its results;
• Ability and will to work in a team, share research results, timeliness.
EURAXESS offer ID: 592263
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.