ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Centre for Translational Eye Research / Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2021 18:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
REFERENCE NUMBERMCBO 33/2021
The International Center for Translational Eye Research (ICTER), Warsaw, Poland, is a multi-investigator center for eye research as related to imaging and biochemical techniques to support advances in understanding the etiology and treatment of human blinding diseases. Further information on the research priorities and current expertise of our Center can be found at http://www.icter.pl.
The Institute seeks applicant with a PhD degree, and experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, or structural biology. Candidate should be interested in structural biology.
The Postdoctoral fellow will have a direct impact on lab development and its success in publishing in high impact factor journals. The person will be also responsible for performing dynamic research to create a competitive research group. The position will be assigned to the Pharmacology Group led by Dr. Humberto Fernandes, focused on elucidating the mechanisms of vision at an atomic and molecular level, with the ultimate goal to help developing therapeutics for the treatment of eye disorder(s), help prevent, or at least delaying, the onset of eye diseases.
We offer monthly salary 11 000 PLN / ~2400 EUR gross/month (about 7 700 net gross/month)
- CV (including a list of projects/publications)
- Cover letter
- Copy of PhD diploma
- Name and addresses of two references
Please submit the required documents to: email@example.com
Kindly specify in the application topic: MCBO 33/2021
Application deadline: 31stof January 2021, 06:00 PM local time
Successful candidates fulfilling the selection criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview (which will most likely take place in an online format on 03-05.02.2021). The competition results shall be announced by 15thof February 2021. The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfills all requirements is found.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Profile of candidate:
- Holds a PhD (or will defend before the start date of employment or in the first months of employment) in biological sciences or related fields (obtained not earlier than 1stof January 2017)
- Has solid knowledge and documented laboratory hands-on experience in at least two of the following: (i) molecular cloning, protein production and purification; (ii) biophysical characterization or structural biology; (iii) molecular docking and/or molecular dynamics simulations. Expertise in (i) mammalian cell lines and (ii) cryo-EM will be a plus
- High motivation, analytical skills, and independent thinking.
- Ability to work in a team, managing projects, and good organization of work.
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- A proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative attitude
- A strong motivation for basic scientific research
- Good skills to plan and execute experiments
- Has the ability to draft (in English) scientific papers for academic journals
- Has the ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally, and in writing
- Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference)
- Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and executing experiments and analyze the results
- Proactive approach to achieving objectives
- Conducting research tasks including: molecular cloning, protein production, purification, and characterization
- Creating protocols and R&D documentation.
- Applying for and leading independent projects.
- Helping other group members
- Actively participating in group meetings, institute seminars, and conferences
- Supervising students, and coordinating the work of PhD students
- Writing publications and reports, and help with the edition of scientific text and graphics for publication
- Handling bibliographic databases
EURAXESS offer ID: 592164
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.