RESEARCH FIELDEngineeringEnvironmental science › Natural resources management
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/01/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Akita
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Description of recruitment]
We are inviting applications for an Associate Professor or Assistant Professor position. We are recruiting a researcher who has all of the qualities necessary in the area of geothermal engineering including reservoir engineering and geomechanics, and other subsurface engineering fields related to renewable energy, climate change and low-carbon/carbon-cycle technologies. After hiring, the appointee will participate in various activities in the faculty and graduate school of International Resource Science, and International Center for Research and Education on Mineral and Energy Resources of Akita University.
Geothermal engineering, reservoir engineering, geomechanics, and other subsurface engineering related to renewable energy, climate change and low-carbon/carbon-cycle technologies.
(1) Research and development on geothermal engineering, reservoir engineering, geomechanics, and other subsurface engineering fields related to renewable energy, climate change and low-carbon/carbon-cycle technologies.
(2) The appointee will take part in educational and research activities at the graduate and undergraduate levels. The appointee may also participate in activities of various committee, administrative and international works in the faculty and graduate school of International Resource Sciences, as well as the International Center for Research and Education on Mineral and Energy Resources of Akita University.
[Lectures to be taught]
(1) Undergraduate: Renewable Energy Engineering, Laboratory work for Earth Resource Engineering and Environmental Science, Practices in Resource Development, Resource Science Field Work Abroad (including coordination and field leader for students)
(2) Graduated School: Master's Program: "Geothermal Reservoir Engineering," Doctoral Program: "Advanced Geothermal Reservoir Engineering"
* All classes have to be taught in English. Above classes are tentative plan, details of course work and class's name will be decided upon appointment.
[Address of work location]
Department of Earth Resource Engineering and Environmental Science, Graduate School of International Resource Sciences, Akita University
1-1 Tegata-Gakuenmachi, Akita 010-8502, Japan
One (1) position at Associate Professor or Assistant Professor depending on appointee's qualifications.
[Starting date, employment date]
June 1, 2021 or earliest possible date thereafter
(1) Salary and other all treatments (compensation)
According to the Employment Regulations of Akita University and other official regulations.
*Discretionary labor system for professional work, the working hours for a day are deemed as 7 hours and 45 minutes.
* Full-time (Nontenured)
Five years: Reappointment for next 5 years possible depending on the result of reviewing.
(2) Insurance and holiday
Insurance: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Mutual Aid Association, Employment Insurance and Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance.
Holiday: Saturday and Sunday, National holiday, Annual leave, Summer and New Years' holidays
According to the action plan of Akita University (http://www.akita-u.ac.jp/honbu/danjyo/index.html, however, it is Japanese), applications of female researchers to this program will be appreciated. Applications of female researchers are especially encouraged.
EURAXESS offer ID: 590723
Posting organisation offer ID: D120120921
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.