RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/03/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Hiroshima
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
Academy of Hiroshima University(Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences,Integrated Arts and Human Sciences Program)
Position(s) and the number of opening(s):
Associate Professor or Assistant Professor , one (1)
*Depending on the result of the performance reviews of the applicant at the time of employment, he/she may be decided on any of the following titles: Associate Professor with tenure; Associate Professor/Assistant Professor on Tenure Track System.
Field of Specialization: American studies(history)
Courses to Teach:
(1)Undergraduate level (Liberal Arts Education Program ): Communication (English language skills)courses (in Japanese or English), Modern American History (in Japanese or English), etc.
(2)Undergraduate level (specific discipline courses): American studies(history) (in Japanese or English), Seminar in American studies(history) (in Japanese or English), etc.
(3)Graduate level (master's programs): Anglo-American studies(history) (in Japanese or English), The Special Study (Thesis Advising in Japanese or English), etc.
(4)Graduate level (doctoral programs): Common Subjects (in Japanese or English), The Special Study (Thesis Advising in Japanese or English), etc.
(5)In addition to the courses listed above, he or she may be asked to teach other general education courses and discipline specific courses in other department(s) and graduate school(s).
Address of work location:
1-7-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima City, 739-8521, JAPAN
As soon as possible after April 1st, 2021
Terms of employment:
Tenure-track position(s) Period of employment
7 years (in case of Associate Professor)
5 years (in case of Assistant Professor)
･Tenure-track faculty members will undergo a tenure review at least six (6) months or more in advance of the expiration date of appointment, and those who have successfully passed the review process will be granted tenure along with promotion either to associate professor.
･Granting a candidate for tenure is subject to two reviewing process: an intermediate and final review. If a candidate is not granted tenure in final review, he/she will be dismissed from the university upon completion of the term of appointment.
･If a candidate has taken a leave because of some life events such as delivering a baby, child-raising and caregiving, he/she may extend the term of appointment up to certain period according to the length of such leave.
(1) If you are agreeable to the application of the Discretionary Labor System for Professional Work, you are deemed to work for 7 hours and 45 minutes a day and 38 hours and 45 minutes a week. If not, working hours are from 8:30 to 17:00 (from Monday to Friday) and break time is from 12:00 to 12:45.
(2) Workdays are from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) in principle.
(3) Holidays are Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays in principle.
(1)The annual salary system (the new system enforced in April 2020) will be applied to the successful candidates.
(2)You will be enrolled in the Ministry of Education,Culture,Sports,Science and Technology Mutual Aid Insurance.
We conduct individual performance evaluations for all Hiroshima University faculty members after their employment, numerically rate their performance, and salary and benefits are commensurate with performance indicators.
(1) Probationary employment period: six (6) months
(2) Personal information obtained from application documents will not be used or provided to any third party for purposes other than the necessary procedures related to personnel affairs, salary, and welfare. Application documents of applicants whom we have decided not to employ will be returned to those applicants in an appropriate manner, after the completion of relevant selection processes.
(3) All the faculty members of Hiroshima University belong to the "Academy", which is the single university-wide faculty organization, and each faculty as a member of the Academy of the University is appointed to educational and/or research organizations such as an individual undergraduate school, graduate school, research center and institute.
(4) For each specialized field of faculty, Hiroshima University has defined Minimum standards for hiring new faculty (“the minimum standards"). We use the minimum standards for the initial screening process of the applicants, and only those who have cleared the minimum standards will qualify as the candidates for the post concerned. The minimum standards used for this international job offer can be viewed by clicking the following URL link.
(5) HU provides employment information (research job, desk job and etc.).
If your partner (spouse, etc.) wishes to work for HU, please refer to the following URL. employment information: https://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/employment/
(6) Successful candidates may be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred for the trip from their home or former place of work to the new place of work to assume their post in accordance with the relevant regulations of Hiroshima University. For more information, please contact us.
EURAXESS offer ID: 590721
Posting organisation offer ID: D120120597
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.