RESEARCH FIELDArchitectureEngineering › Civil engineeringTechnology › Construction technology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/03/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Ishikawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)]
(1) Research body: Faculty of Human Science, Institute of Human and Social Sciences
(2) Educational body: School of Regional Development Studies and Graduate School of Human and Socio-Environmental Studies
* It may be that you will have to take charge of an additional school education.
* You will have to participate in collaborative research projects in the field of interdisciplinary tourism studies on the dynamic relationship between tourism, culture and community.
2. Field of specialization: Study on Regional Residence (Based on urban planning, architecture and so on.)
3. Subjects to Teach:
● General Education Division: “Freshmen Seminar" and other lectures and seminars
● School of Regional Development Studies: “Lecture on Regional Residence", “Lecture on Residential Environment Planning", subjects regarding “Regional Information Analysis", “Seminar on Regional Residence", “Training on Regional Development", and other lectures and seminars
● Graduate School of Human and Socio-Environmental Studies: “Study on Regional Residence", “Study on Residential Environment Planning", “Seminar on Regional Residence Study", and other lectures and seminars
* Due to the planned reorganization of School of Regional Development Studies, the name of the subject in charge may change slightly.
4. Other Duties:
● Attending various faculty, school and graduate school meetings.
● Advising students (including office hours)
● Participating in collaborative research projects in the field of interdisciplinary tourism studies on the dynamic relationship between tourism, culture and community, and also in collaborative activities related to the education of the School of Regional Development Studies.
● Setting questions for entrance examinations and marking those papers.
● Undertaking administrative and other duties as required.
[Address of work location and other information]
Kakuma-machi, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa
[Available positions (Job title, number of positions, etc.)]
One Associate Professor (tenured) or Lecturer (five-year fixed-term contract*)
*The term of Lecturer is set for 5 years at the time of employment. (If you are currently working at our university and work continuously, the total term of office, from the current term to the next term, cannot exceed 10 years.) The candidate will be converted to adequate tenured status, based on the following achievements, which is to be implemented during the term.
(1) Educational achievements (Lecture, Practicum, Seminar, Research guidance, etc.)
(2) Research achievements (Research papers, Presentations at conferences, Research grants)
(3) Contribution to the university and society, and so on
Commencement of employment: October 1st, 2021 (or the earliest possible date thereafter)
[Details of salary, working hours, holiday, period of employment and insurance, accommodation, etc.]
For the salary, see: https://www.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/university/administration/regulation/rules/
The university has a plan to adopt the new salary system (annual salary system) implemented at the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
(1) Kanazawa University promotes gender equality. For details, see: http://cdl.w3.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/index.html (in Japanese)
(2) The School of Human and Social Studies at Kanazawa University welcome applications of female researchers in accordance with the purport of the Basic Act for Gender Equal Society. When evaluations of research achievements and qualifications of applicants are equal, we give priority to female researchers.
(3) The School of Human and Social Studies at Kanazawa University has established a support system for female researchers so that they can receive consultation about issues related to their career pursuit.
(4) While this announcement is made in both Japanese and English, the original Japanese version shall be relied upon in instances of possible discrepancy or divergent interpretation with that of the English version.
EURAXESS offer ID: 590705
Posting organisation offer ID: D120121261
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.