RESEARCH FIELDArchitecture › DesignBiological sciencesEconomicsEducational sciencesEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Design engineeringGeographyHistory › History of scienceInformation science › Library scienceJuridical sciencesMedical sciencesNeurosciences › NeuropsychologyPolitical sciencesPsychological sciencesSociology › OtherTechnology › Biotechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/02/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Kyoto
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, explanation of project, etc.)]
The Hakubi Project to Foster and Support Young Researchers was launched by Kyoto University in 2009. Through the program, the University employs promising young researchers from around the world as program-specific faculty members, providing support for their research activities with aim of cultivating visionary researchers who will pioneer new paths in their respective fields.
This call for application is for the Global Type of appointment.
Research projects in all fields of the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences are welcome.
[Address of work location and other information]
The location at host faculty
Around 15 applicants will be appointed.
[The employment term]
5 years in principle. There can be no renewal of the appointment.
The term of appointment will begin on October 1st 2021 in principle, but can be adjusted to meet the requirements of individual researchers.
Please see the details below.
- Selected applicants will be appointed as full-time program-specific faculty members (associate professors or assistant professors on limited-term contracts with an annual salary) in compliance with the university's Rules of Employment for Fixed-Term Program-Specific Faculty Members. Salaries will be determined in accordance with the employment regulations of Kyoto University.
- The university will provide each researcher with an annual research fund of approximately 1 to 4 million yen. The amount awarded to each individual will depend on factors such as their research plans, etc.
- The selected researchers will be referred to by the title of “Kyoto University Hakubi researcher" in recognition of their excellent research abilities, and their pioneering work in their respective academic fields.
- Selected researchers will be eligible for MEXT Mutual Aid Association membership, an employees' pension, employment insurance, and workers' compensation insurance.
-Business hours: 7 hours and 45 minutes per day, 38 hours 45 minutes per week under a discretionary work system.
-Holidays: Weekends, National holidays, Year-end and New Year holidays, the University Foundation Day (June 18th), and summer vacation.
- Personal information contained in the application documents will be used only for the purpose of screening applicants and the recruiting procedure. It will never be used for any other purpose without applicants' consent.
- All expenses entailed in applying for this project shall be borne by the applicants.
- Kyoto University supports a gender-equal society. We welcome applicants from female researchers.
- Kyoto University prohibits on-campus smoking except in designated outdoor spaces so as to minimize secondhand smoke exposure.
EURAXESS offer ID: 590692
Posting organisation offer ID: D120121257
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.