RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Physical chemistryEngineering › Electrical engineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Paris
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2021
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
- In Laboratoire des biomolécules (LBM) - UMR 7203 at ENS Paris, PSL University
- Supervisor: Prof. Kong Ooi Tan
- One-year contract (yearly renewable) starting in spring 2021
- Renumeration: ~ € 2,500 / month, adjustable based on experience
- Application deadline: Anytime until the position is filled
The main goal of the project is to develop rf and microwave instrumentation for Dynamic Nuclear Polarization (DNP) techniques at high magnetic fields, i.e., ≥ 9.4 T/ 400 MHz/ 263 GHz. The candidate needs to build a DNP NMR probe with optimized rf & microwave delivery from the source to the sample at a cryogenic condition. The array of instruments that has to be built includes microwave waveguides, resonant cavity, and rf resonance circuitry. Hence, candidates with experience in assembling rf and microwave components is highly desirable. Besides, we will build a low-cost EPR circuitry in the same probe to allow the characterization of the DNP polarizing agents using EPR spectroscopy. Our lab houses an 800 MHz/ 527 GHz MAS-DNP spectrometer, a 600 MHz, a 400 MHz, and two dissolution-DNP polarizers (a Bruker prototype at 6.7 T/ 188 GHz and a home-built cryogen-free system at 9.4 T/ 263 GHz).
You should (1) have a PhD degree in electrical engineering, physics, or physical chemistry with experience in RF/millimeter-wave technology (2) Fluent in English; Proficiency in French is a plus but not required (3) Experience in MATLAB/ LabVIEW/Python/C++ programming and RF/microwave/cryogenics instrumentation, using HFSS/ CST/ AWR are highly desirable. (4) Knowledge in EPR/NMR/DNP would be advantageous, but not required.
Please send your CV, a letter of motivation, and two recommendation letters to kong-ooi.tan(a)ens.psl.eu
- K. O. Tan, S. Jawla, R. J. Temkin, R. G. Griffin, Pulsed Dynamic Nuclear Polarization, eMagRes, (2019) 339-352
- M. Baudin, B. Vuichoud, A. Bornet, G. Bodenhausen, S. Jannin, A cryogen-consumption-free system for dynamic nuclear polarization at 9.4 T, J. Mag. Res 294 (2018) 115-121
- E. M. M. Weber, D. Kurzbach, D. Abergel, A DNP-hyperpolarized solid-state water NMR MASER: observation and qualitative analysis, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 21 (2019) 21278-21286
- J. Granwehr, J. Leggett, W. Köckenberger, A low-cost implementation of EPR detection in a dissolution DNP setup, J. Mag. Res 187 (2007) 266-276
EURAXESS offer ID: 590039
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.