RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Communication engineeringEngineering › Computer engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineeringTechnology › Communication technologyTechnology › Information technologyTechnology › Internet technologyTechnology › Telecommunications technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/01/2021 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › MADRID
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER953442
Description of job offer:
We are pleased to announce the opening of an Early Stage Researcher (ESRs) position at Telefonica I+D in Madrid (Spain) to carry out PhD theses within the IoTalentum project (www.iotalentum.eu). IoTalentum is a European Training Network (ETN) funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA). The MSCA ITN programme offers highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions. IoTalentum establishes a well-balanced Innovative Training Network (ITN) of ten beneficiaries (six universities and four companies) and four industrial partner organizations from eight countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time fixed-term position (36 months) as an Early Stage Researcher (ESR).
The global research objective of IoTalentum is to develop the next generation of IoT producing coordinated advantages in the area of infrastructures and cybersecurity and use it for the development of any application of next generation of IoT, and, in particular, those of smart grids.
IoTalentum will train the recruited ESRs through an outstanding training program that includes coordinated research in different IoT fields. The ESR will be enrolled in the University of Valladolid (UVa) ICT PhD program (applicants have to fulfil entry conditions of that program). Moreover, the selected applicant will enjoy 10 months secondment(s) in the workplace of other consortium partners. Moreover, IoTalentum also offers a continuous educational backbone over the whole duration of the project.
The ESR position will be part of the industrial research team at Madrid (Spain) within the IP & Transport Engineering and Planning of the Chief Technology Office of Telefonica. The group is a multi-disciplinary team with engineers and researchers with a variety of skills and a great record on publications and standardization. The research group has produced 21 IETF RFCs, has 49 active IETF drafts and is one of the main contributors to ONF Transport API and Openconfig. The team has a leading record in publications in top scored magazines and conferences (more than 200 papers in the group). The group has a mix of research and direct involvement in the Telefonica deployments, providing a unique mix in the industry.
Title and objective of the possition offered:
- ESR6: “Resilient Self-Learning Software-Defined 5G Ready Transport Network”
- To design novel data models and IA/ML techniques for end-to-end IP/MPLS 5G ready transport Network and to prototype and evaluate telemetry collection and novel control methods that auto-adjust the behavior.
- Selected candidates will have a full-time employment contract in Telefonica I+D for the duration of 3 years (36 months).
- The ESR will be contracted according to Spain national rules with full social security benefits.
- 40 hours/week.
- In accordance with the MSCA regulations for ESRs, the salary for selected candidates is constituted by a generous living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (depending on family situation).
The benefits of being an ESR of IoTalentum include:
- You will work in a stimulating, creative and internationally learning environment through a unique interdisciplinary research training program.
- You will be enrolled in a top-quality PhD program.
- IoTalentum training program offers unique, leading edge infrastructure and expertise, which is not available at a single place.
- You will be advised by excellent group leaders – they are all outstanding in their research and trainings.
- The IoTalentum consortium was generated with the firm purpose of training ESRs so that you can enter the labour market both in academic and non-academic environments.
- You will be exposed to very different and complementary research environments in both academia and industrial participating organisations.
- You will spend 30% of their recruitment time in different institutions of the network. ESRs will enjoy secondments of at least eight months at industrial beneficiary or partner organization.
- Strong involvement of industrial partners in training activities.
- You will have the opportunity to acquire outstanding complementary training in transferable skills (e.g. presentation techniques, networking, publishing, and outreach activities) as well as leadership, innovation and entrepreneurial skills.
- You will have the opportunity to acquire lifetime skills and optimum opportunities to build and extend your international network available to you throughout your professional career.
The applicants must, at the date of the call deadline, comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- To hold a MSc degree (or equivalent) in (ICT, Telecommunications, Electronic, Electrical, or Computer) Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field.
- To have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- At the time of recruitment by the host organization, you should be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of your research career.
- You must comply with the European Commission’s mobility rule, meaning at the time of recruitment by Telefonica I+D, you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the starting employment contract date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- The positions are open to all nationalities.
- To be proficient in English language.
The following merits will be assessed (if there is documentary evidence):
- Knowledge about communications networks and/or machine learning techniques.
- Experience in programming and knowledge of programming languages.
- Journal/conference papers related to the job topics.
- Journal/conference papers in other fields from the area of engineering or mathematics.
- Other research merits.
- Dr. Óscar González de Dios (firstname.lastname@example.org), Telefonica I+D IoTalentum representative
- Read Euraxess job offer
- Read the guide for applicants in IoTalentum webpage (http://www.iotalentum.eu/vacancies). You can find the complete description of the selection process there.
- Complete IoTalentum Application Form (http://www.iotalentum.eu/vacancies).
- Send your application as well as the evidence of merits to email@example.com.
E-mail subject: ‘Iotalentum – application ESR6 ’.
EURAXESS offer ID: 589493
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.