ORGANISATION/COMPANYInternational Centre for Translational Eye Research / Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › BiologyComputer science › Modelling toolsMathematics › AlgorithmsMathematics › StatisticsPhysics › Mathematical physics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/02/2021 18:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
REFERENCE NUMBERRecruitment no. MCBO 30/2020
The International Center for Translational Eye Research (ICTER) is a multi-investigator center for eye research as related to imaging and biochemical techniques to support advances in understanding the etiology and treatment of human blinding diseases. Further information on the research priorities and current expertise of our Center can be found at http://www.icter.pl.
The group is led by Dr Marcin Tabaka (PI) and initially will comprise the following staff: 2 postdocs, 2 PhD students and a lab manager. The group will leverage high-throughput single-cell RNA and ATAC sequencing to address fundamental questions in eye research (https://scg-lab.com).
The Institute is seeking a highly motivated and creative researcher with a Ph.D. degree interested in analysis of high-throughput single-cell transcriptomics and epigenomics datasets. The candidate should have a strong background in bioinformatics/computational biology and be experienced in analyzing highly dimensional biological datasets. No single-cell genomics background is required just an inclination to acquire such knowledge is a must.
- Full-time employment contract
- Competitive salary: 11,000 PLN (~2,500 EUR) gross/month (7,800 net/month)
- Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment
- International cooperation with experienced researchers
- International training at world-leading research institutes
- Autonomous position in the professional and dynamically developing innovative team
Please submit the following required documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Scan or photocopy of candidate's MSc and PhD degree.
- List of publications (highlighting most important studies), patent applications, patents, implementations, research projects
- List of algorithms and/or software developed
- Information about any breaks in performing research work, e.g. maternity leave, internship in industry, etc. When assessing the achievements of the candidate the Competition Committee shall take into account breaks in research and shall convert the candidate's indicated achievements into effective years of scientific work
- At least one recommendation letter from a reputable expert
to email@example.com Kindly specify in the application topic: Recruitment no. MCBO 30/2020. Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview. Competition results shall be announced in March 2021.
Key assessment criteria:
- Creativity measured by the quality and number of scientific publications in which the candidate is the first author, corresponding author or a significant author, and patent applications or implementation
- Proven experience in analyzing high-dimensional data and/or developing novel algorithms for such data (conference papers, GitHub repositories or equivalent)
- Mobility in his/her scientific career (research internships, change in the scientific profile, internships and work in industry)
- Presented opinions via. Reference letters
The Project/Centre is funded within the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science, grant No MAB/2019/12. It is a collaboration between Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS and University College London, UK.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalentComputer science: PhD or equivalentMathematics: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Ph.D. degree (obtained not earlier than 1 January 2016) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related quantitative discipline.
- Strong background in math and computer science
- Experience in analyzing high-dimensional biological datasets
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools for analysis of genomics datasets
- Proficiency in Python and/or R
- Fluency in Unix
- Strong publication record;
- Proven experience in leveraging best practices from research community;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and manage projects and people.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
EURAXESS offer ID: 588820
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.