ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra - ETIC
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/01/2021 19:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2021
The Wireless Networking research group aims to explore new concepts, communication paradigms and technologies for future wireless networks. We offer a recognised researcher position in the area of applied machine learning. The goal is to design machine learning solutions able to find near-optimal configurations in wireless networks by adequately combining local and global resource management decision points.
We are looking for a dynamic and autonomous person to design, implement and test machine learning solutions for wireless networks. The work to be done will be part of the WINDMAL project (PGC2018- 099959-B-I00) funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation
• Capture and document requirements for the system
• Design and testing of different communication protocols
• Development of hardware elements for systems integration
• Testing and integration of components and system
Project management tasks
• Compliance with the work plan
• Report writing
• Follow-up of the project with the rest of the consortium
Technical skills required
• Experience in programming applications and communication protocols for wireless or sensor networks.
• Statistical knowledge for the analysis of results
• Use of simulation techniques
• Machine Learning Methods for Network Optimization
• Strong motivation and commitment to the project
• Ability to work and make decisions autonomously
• Ability in oral and written communication
RESEARCH FIELD: ENGINEERING
SUBRESEARCH FIELD: INFORMATION TECNOLOGY
Gross monthly salary to be assessed based on the value of the candidate. Full day (37.5 hours per week) and split hours, from 9 am to 5.30 pm. Fixed-term contract with an approximate duration of 6 months.
Send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the subject “Research Engineer ML”
Project and Institution that finance the contract: Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación
Official number reference:PGC2018- 099959-B-I00
Required education level: Phd or equivalent
Career stage: Experienced
Research Profilew: Recognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
EURAXESS offer ID: 587707
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.