ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Lodz
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/01/2021 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Lodz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
Department of Anthropology
Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection
University of Lodz
research and teaching assistant
INSTITUTION: Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection, University of Lodz
POSITION: research and teaching assistant
HOURLY DIMENSION: full time
SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINE: biological sciences
DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Dec 16, 2020
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF OFFERS: Jan 15, 2021
LINK TO THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE: www.uni.lodz.pl
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: application should be submitted to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEYWORDS: anthropology, ancient DNA, paleomicrobiology, NGS
DESCRIPTION (subject, expectations, comments):
Scientific work in research projects based on ancient DNA, including:
- the diversity of past human populations;
- the prevalence of infectious diseases in the past;
- microevolution of genetic susceptibility to diseases.
The candidate should meet the following criteria, and have:
- hold the Master of Science degree in biological sciences (the degree should not be obtained earlier than in 2010);
- scientific achievements in the field of biology confirmed by original scientific papers published in journals reported in the JCR list;
- proficiency in methods and techniques used in ancient DNA laboratory (documented by participation in research projects and publications);
- experience in PCR and high-throughput sequencing techniques and their application in anthropology research (both in relation to modern and past human populations);
- basic knowledge in human osteology;
- good communication in Polish and English (spoken and written).
The candidate is expected to provide:
- commitment and availability in research work in projects carried out in the department;
- ability to work in a team as well as the ability to independently perform experimental work (designing experiments, analyzing the results, etc.).
Persons entering the competition should submit an application for employment addressed to Rector of the University of Lodz with the attachments listed below: personal questionnaire for the applicant for employment and statements available on the website of the University of Lodz - including a statement that the University of Lodz will be the candidate's primary place of work (http://dsp.uni.lodz.pl/druki-do-pobrania/), curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements to date (publications, conference presentations, internships and scientific projects, etc.), a copy of the MSC diploma, the RODO clause available on the University of Lodz website (http://dsp.uni. lodz.pl/druki-do-pobrania/).
Competition settlement deadline: Jan 19, 2021
We reserve the right to interview selected people.
Winning the competition does not guarantee employment at the University of Lodz.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: GoodPOLISH: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 587507
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.