RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/01/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Hiroshima
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
Academy of Hiroshima University (Graduate School of Advanced Science and Engineering)
[Position(s) and the number of opening(s)]
Associate Professor or Assistant Professor, one (1), women-only
(Depending on the result of the performance reviews of the applicant at the time of employment, he/she may be decided on any of the following titles: Associate Professor with tenure; Associate Professor/Assistant Professor on Tenure Track System)
[Commencing date of employment]
April 1, 2021, or earliest possible date thereafter
[Terms of employment]
Tenure-track position(s) Period of employment
- 7 years (in case of Associate Professor)
- 5 years (in case of Assistant Professor)
(1) Tenure-track faculty members will undergo a tenure review at least six (6) months or more in advance of the expiration date of appointment, and those who have successfully passed the review process will be granted tenure along with promotion either to associate professor.
(2) Granting a candidate for tenure is subject to two reviewing process: an intermediate and final review. If a candidate is not granted tenure in the final review, he/she will be dismissed from the university upon completion of the term of appointment.
(3) If a candidate has taken leave because of some life events such as delivering a baby, child-raising, and caregiving, he/she may extend the term of appointment up to a certain period according to the length of such leave.
[Field of specialization]
Fundamental research or application research of computer science literature based on data and statistical science.
(1) Undergraduate level (general education courses): Statistical Data Analysis, Introductory Seminar for First-Year Students, etc.
(2) Undergraduate level (discipline specific courses): Generalized Linear Model, etc.
(3) Graduate level (master's programs): Data Literacy, etc.
(4) Graduate level (doctoral programs): Special Study on Informatics and Data Science, etc.
(5) In addition to the courses listed above, he or she may be asked to teach other general education courses and/or discipline-specific courses in other department(s) and graduate school(s).
[Address of work location and other information]
1-4-1, Kagamiyama, Higashi-hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
(1)If you are agreeable to the application of the Discretionary Labor System for Professional Work, you are deemed to work for 7 hours and 45 minutes a day and 38 hours and 45 minutes a week. If not, working hours are from 8:30 to 17:00 (from Monday to Friday) and break time is from 12:00 to 12:45.
(2)Workdays are from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) in principle.
(3)Holidays are Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays in principle.
(1)The annual salary system (the new system enforced in April 2020) will be applied to the successful candidates.
(2)Successful candidates may be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred for the trip from their home or former place of work to the new place of work to assume their post in accordance with the relevant regulations of Hiroshima University. For more information, please contact us.
We conduct individual performance evaluations for all Hiroshima University faculty members after their employment, numerically rate their performance, and salary and benefits are commensurate with performance indicators.
(1)Probationary employment period: six (6) months
(2)Personal information obtained from application documents will not be used or provided to any third party for purposes other than the necessary procedures related to personnel affairs, salary, and welfare. Application documents of applicants whom we have decided not to employ will be returned to those applicants in an appropriate manner, after the completion of relevant selection processes.
(3)All the faculty members of Hiroshima University belong to the "Academy", which is the single university-wide faculty organization, and each faculty as a member of the Academy of the University is appointed to educational and/or research organizations such as an individual undergraduate school, graduate school, research center and institute.
(4)For each specialized field of faculty, Hiroshima University has defined Minimum standards for hiring new faculty (“the minimum standards"). We use the minimum standards for the initial screening process of the applicants, and only those who have cleared the minimum standards will qualify as the candidates for the post concerned. The minimum standards used for this international job offer can be viewed by clicking the following URL link.
(5)HU provides other employment information (research job, desk job and etc.).
If your spouse wishes to work for HU, please refer to the following URL link.
employment information: https://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/employment/
EURAXESS offer ID: 585801
Posting organisation offer ID: D120111907
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.