RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineeringPsychological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/12/2020 00:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIceland › Reykjavik
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The Reykjavik University Sleep Institute is looking for a Sleep Technologist for the Horizon 2020 project Sleep Revolution, sponsored by the European Commission. The project is led by Reykjavik University (RU), in collaboration with 36 other partners in Europe and Australia. The research partners are academic, industry and health institutions. The work is highly inter-disciplinary with involvement at RU from four departments; Department of Engineering, Computer Sciences, Sport Science and Psychology.
- Scoring of polysomnography and other sleep studies.
- Reviewing/annotating biomedical signals from different devices and wearables.
- Planning and setup of sleep studies.
- Data processing of results and health records.
- Opportunities to participate in research papers.
- BSc or MSc degree within a field of Biomedical Science.
- Certified and/or experienced sleep technologist.
- Self-organised with a strong ability to work autonomously.
- Flexible, result-oriented, willing to learn and to work in a dynamic environment with a diverse team.
- Dynamic and communicative personality with high social competence.
- Strong ability to communicate in English (oral and written) is essential.
- Be located in Reykjavík, Iceland.
All applications must be accompanied by a CV with information about previous jobs, education, references etc. It is also optional to attach a cover letter where the applicant can justify the reasons for being the right person for the job.
The deadline for applications is December 13th 2020. The position is project-related and, thus, temporary for 4 years. Start is March 1, 2021 or by agreement. All inquiries and applications will be treated as confidential.
Any questions regarding working in Iceland or about Reykjavik University should be sent to email@example.com. Questions regarding the research work may be sent to Kristín Anna Ólafsdóttir, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reykjavik University (RU)
Reykjavík University has around 3.700 students and 250 faculty and employees in addition to numerous adjunct faculty in two schools: Technology and Social Sciences. We offer a welcoming and stimulating environment in which to work and live. The University is centrally located in Reykjavík, the capital city of Iceland.
The role of Reykjavik University is to create and disseminate knowledge to enhance the competitiveness and quality of life for individuals and society, guided by good ethics, sustainability and responsibility. Education and research at RU are based on strong ties with industry and society. We emphasize interdisciplinary collaboration, international relations and entrepreneurship.
EURAXESS offer ID: 582267
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.