ORGANISATION/COMPANYTallinn University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Informatics
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tallinn
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/07/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Tallinn University of Technology invites applications for a professor position in Maritime Cybersecurity.
The European and international maritime industries face serious threats from cybercriminals. TalTech is part of an Estonian ecosystem of cybersecurity and maritime actors. To unite Estonia’s capabilities in a focused and integrated manner, TalTech will recruit an outstanding researcher and research coordinator to be the ERA Chair holder (together with a team of experienced researchers) who will head a new, multidisciplinary Centre for Maritime Cyber Security at TalTech.
The ERA Chair holder will work closely together with the teams of School of Information Technologies and Estonian Maritime Academy and strengthen existing as well as establish new collaboration agreements with the industry.
The concept that is pursued by TalTech with this group is to:
- increase the research excellence in maritime cybersecurity;
- increase the attractiveness of the institution for internationally excellent and mobile researchers;
- form a new multidisciplinary Centre for Maritime Cybersecurity by integrating the research capabilities from TalTech’s Estonian Maritime Academy and TalTech’s Centre for Digital Forensics and Cyber Security;
- become the leading European institution in this specific field.
ERA Chair position in Maritime Cybersecurity is part of H2020 Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation H2020-WIDESPREAD-2018-2020-6 and has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 952360.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks as ERA Chair holder
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain an internationally recognized research in the area of maritime cybersecurity, fostering the research excellence in three research sub-topics: marine communication; human aspects of cybersecurity; cybersecurity aspects of maritime technology.
The Professor is expected to develop proposals for research grants, to develop new postgraduate training programmes in maritime cybersecurity, build networks with both academic and non-academic partners in research and technology transfer projects, publish in indexed journals, but also to teach at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, supervise BSc/MSc and PhD candidates, as well as contribute to the staff training and curriculum development on innovative research-based teacher education and related university services.
For further information, please contact Professor Olaf Manuel Maennel, Department of Software Sciences (email@example.com).
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit following documents in English to the TalTech Human Resource Office (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) :
- motivation letter;
- cover letter detailing how the candidate meets the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position;
- documents proving that candidate holds the required academic degree (a PHD or an equivalent qualification
- a curriculum vitae listing all published or submitted publications and grant proposals as PI or co-PI, and industrial or other relevant professional experience;
- statement of teaching with the list of courses taught with evidence of teaching excellence;
- statement of research;
- a vision of the future position;
- other documents considered important by the candidate;
- a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
The duration of the contract: 54 months (follow-up opportunity for tenure)
TalTech as an employer offers
- Modern ergonomic working conditions and a flexible schedule;
- One of the most compact university campuses in Europe that is situated next to Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol and many high-tech companies and start-ups (Skype, Starship Technologies etc.);
- Individual development and training opportunities;
- Material and non-material tokens of acknowledgement;
- Sporting opportunities;
- All-staff activities and a balanced work and family life.
TalTech is an international scientific community with 11,000 students and approximately 1,800 employees, one of the largest universities in Estonia that is a leading EU country in digitalization. The strengths of the university are wide multidisciplinary study/research interests, modern research and study environment as well as good collaboration with international educational and research institutions.
More information about TalTech: https://taltech.ee/en/
Further information about working and living in Estonia: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/, http://www.workinestonia.com/
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Candidates must have a PhD in Cybersecurity or Computer Science or similar area and have at least 6 years of post-doctoral experience. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to contribute to a curriculum on cybersecurity. Applicants must demonstrate evidence of strong academic track-record in form of scholarly publications in highly reputable journals and conferences. Applicants must be able to conduct high-quality teaching and advising at undergraduate and graduate levels.
A background in maritime systems or maritime cybersecurity is encouraged. A track-record of industry experience/collaborations is also highly desirable. A record of excellence in externally funded research and a record of public engagement is desirable.
The candidate selection criteria will include research excellence, research publications, continues funding applications, a track record of successful supervisions and motivation. Preference will be given to candidates showing significant results at the research quality outlined by highly cited publications.
EURAXESS offer ID: 582237
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.