RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer systemsEngineering › Computer engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONDenmark › Glostrup
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER953442
At Cryptera (www.cryptera.com), a PhD stipend in Cybersecurity and IoT is available and open for appointment from April 1, 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter.
We seek a PhD in Cybersecurity for IoT at hardware level in IoTalentum infrastructure. The objective of the research is to identify and analyse security challenges at the hardware level in IoTalentum ecosystem providing an in-depth technical analysis of different available and upcoming hardware security technologies, such as secure boot and ARM TrustZone®, relevant for IoT devices and applications. Based on this to develop a security architecture that encompasses the devices and the network infrastructure elements.
In particular in Cryptera will be involved the ESR 9: Cybersecurity for IoT at hardware level in IoTalentum infrastructure.
The PhD is part of the opening of 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) positions within the IoTalentum project (www.iotalentum.eu). IoTalentum is a European Training Network (ETN) funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA). The MSCA ITN programme offers a highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions.
The global research objective of IoTalentum is to develop the next generation of IoT producing coordinated advantages in the area of infrastructures and cybersecurity and use it for the development of any application of next generation of IoT, and, in particular, those of smart grids. That global research objective is divided into three subobjectives:
- To develop an integral, autonomous and flexible control (assisted by artificial intelligence techniques) for a heterogeneous infrastructure for next generation of IoT based on 5G with an optical backhaul and equipped with the distributed computing and storage resources of the Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) paradigm.
- To propose new cybersecurity solutions to keep the integrity of the highly-distributed infrastructure of IoTalentum by acting on different layers.
- To develop smart grids using the infrastructure and the services of the next generation of IoT. To test the breakthroughs on infrastructure and cybersecurity in the smart grids sector. The global and interdisciplinary approach of IoTalentum ensures that their outcomes can be used by other sectors.
IoTalentum will train the recruited ESRs through an outstanding training program that includes coordinated research in different IoT fields. All ESRs will be enrolled in PhD programmes (applicants have to fulfil entry conditions of those programs). Moreover, all ESRs will enjoy 10 months secondment in the workplace of other consortium partners (ensuring that each ESR stays at least eight months at industry). Moreover, IoTalentum also offers a continuous educational backbone over the whole duration of the project.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for full-time fixed-term positions (36 months) as an Early Stage Researcher (ESR).
IoTalentum is financially supported by the European Commission under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA). The benefits of being an ESR of IoTalentum include:
- ESRs will work in a stimulating, creative and internationally learning environment through an unique interdisciplinary research training program.
- ESRs will be enrolled in top-quality PhD programs.
- IoTalentum training program offers unique, leading edge infrastructure and expertise, which is not available at a single place.
- ESRs will be advised by excellent group leaders – they are all outstanding in their research and trainings.
- The IoTalentum consortium was generated with the firm purpose of training ESRs so that they can enter the labour market both in academic and non-academic environments.
- All ESRs will be exposed to very different and complementary research environment in both academia and industrial participating organisations.
- ESRs will spend 30% of their recruitment time in different institutions of the network. The ESR recruited by Cryptera will take part in secondment and enrolled in Aalborg University PhD programme as working with other PhD students.
- Strong involvement of industrial partners in training activities.
- ESRs will have the opportunity to acquire outstanding complementary training in transferable skills (e.g. presentation techniques, networking, publishing, and outreach activities) as well as leadership, innovation and entrepreneurial skills.
- ESRs will have the opportunity to acquire lifetime skills and optimum opportunities to build and extend your international network available to you throughout your professional career.
The applicants must, at the date of the call deadline, comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- To hold a MSc degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field.
- To have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- At the time of recruitment by the host organization, candidates should be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research career (Early stage Researchers).
- Candidates must comply with the European Commission’s mobility rule, meaning at the time of recruitment by the host organization, they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the starting employment contract date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. The positions are open to all nationalities.
- To be proficient in English language
- Must be accepted in a PhD programme at Aalborg University, Technical Doctoral School of IT and Design
The eligibility of the researcher will be determined at the date of the recruitment (i.e. the first day of the employment of the researcher for the purposes of the action)
The MSCA ITN programme offers a highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions. The successful candidates will receive a salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for ESRs.
Selected candidates will have a fulltime employment contract for the duration of 3 years (36 months). In accordance with the MSCA regulations for ESRs, the salary for selected candidates is constituted by a generous living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (depending on family situation).
You may obtain further information from Bo Rosenkilde, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and from Professor Knud Erik Skouby, email: email@example.com and Associate Professor Sokol Kosta, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Department of Electronic Systems, concerning enrolment at Aalborg University.
How to Apply
Your application consists of:
1.- Application form (download here http://www.iotalentum.eu/vacancies)
2.- Documentary evidence of:
- University Degrees and MSc diplomas or equivalent
- Transcript of records
- Language Certificates
- Evidence of merits described in the CV (if possible)
- Reference letters (if you have them)
3.- Send your application as well as the evidence of merits to Bo Rosenkilde, email: email@example.com
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentMathematics: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 582203
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.