ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Fundamental Technological Research Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › ProgrammingEngineering › Mechanical engineeringPhysicsTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/12/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2021
Member of a research group in the area of computational mechanics, performing nonlinear finite element and discrete element simulations with commercial and in-house programs, developing own numerical models and programs, modelling of granular materials, contact and multiphysics problems, e.g. electrical current assisted sintering and hot pressing of powder materials
Salary starting at approx. 4400 PLN/month of total gross remuneration, additionally approx. 600PLN/month from a project funded by National Science Centre
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION AND RECRUITMENT PROCEDURE
1. Attested copies of scientific degree (MSc/PhD)
2. Academic CV
3. Motivation letter containing the following clause: “I agree to the processing of personal data provided in my application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment process conducted by IPPT PAN with headquarters in Warsaw, ul. A. Pawińskiego 5B, according to art. 13 par. 1 and 2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (RODO).
Candidates may send additional documents such as diploma dissertations, reports or publications containing information that can help to evaluate, experience, achievements, and scientific standing of the candidate.
Selected candidates will be contacted a few days after the deadline for interviews.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineering
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Candidates should have MSc or PhD degree in the field of materials science, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, applied physics or computer science.
We seek candidates having experience in one or two of the following areas:
- computational mechanics (numerical methods: finite element method and discrete element method, programming, computer simulation)
- mechanics and physics of materials
- materials science, knowledge of powder metallurgy would be an additional benefit
EURAXESS offer ID: 581598
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.