ORGANISATION/COMPANYAalborg University Copenhagen
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer systemsEngineering › Computer engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
REFERENCE NUMBERESR 11
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER953442
At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Electronic Systems, a PhD stipend in Cybersecurity and IoT are available within the general study programme Electrical and Electronic Engineering. The stipends are open for appointment from April 1, 2021, or soon as possible thereafter.
We seek a PhD in Security in thing-to-cloud IoTalentum architectures for IoT ecosystems. The objective of the research is to identify and describe new models mapping, quantifying, forecasting and ensuring adequate levels of privacy and security within the distributed computing centers the IoTalentum cloud-to-thing continuum. To develop and testing of a hardware-free identification tool for computing centers to increase the level of security and privacy of collected data in IoT virtual environments.
The PhD is part of the opening of 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) positions within the IoTalentum project (www.iotalentum.eu). IoTalentum is a European Training Network (ETN) funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA). The MSCA ITN programme offers a highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions.
The global research objective of IoTalentum is to develop the next generation of IoT producing coordinated advantages in the area of infrastructures and cybersecurity and use it for the development of any application of next generation of IoT, and, in particular, those of smart grids. That global research objective is divided into three subobjectives:
- To develop an integral, autonomous and flexible control (assisted by artificial intelligence techniques) for a heterogeneous infrastructure for next generation of IoT based on 5G with an optical backhaul and equipped with the distributed computing and storage resources of the Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) paradigm.
- To propose new cybersecurity solutions to keep the integrity of the highly-distributed infrastructure of IoTalentum by acting on different layers.
- To develop smart grids using the infrastructure and the services of the next generation of IoT. To test the breakthroughs on infrastructure and cybersecurity in the smart grids sector. The global and interdisciplinary approach of IoTalentum ensures that their outcomes can be used by other sectors.
IoTalentum will train the recruited ESRs through an outstanding training program that includes coordinated research in different IoT fields. All ESRs will be enrolled in PhD programmes (applicants have to fulfil entry conditions of those programs). Moreover, all ESRs will enjoy 10 months secondment in the workplace of other consortium partners (ensuring that each ESR stays at least eight months at industry). Moreover, IoTalentum also offers a continuous educational backbone over the whole duration of the project.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for full-time fixed-term positions (36 months) as an Early Stage Researcher (ESR).
IoTalentum is financially supported by the European Commission under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA). The benefits of being an ESR of IoTalentum include:
- ESRs will work in a stimulating, creative and internationally learning environment through an unique interdisciplinary research training program.
- ESRs will be enrolled in top-quality PhD programs.
- IoTalentum training program offers unique, leading edge infrastructure and expertise, which is not available at a single place.
- ESRs will be advised by excellent group leaders – they are all outstanding in their research and trainings.
- The IoTalentum consortium was generated with the firm purpose of training ESRs so that they can enter the labour market both in academic and non-academic environments.
- All ESRs will be exposed to very different and complementary research environment in both academia and industrial participating organisations.
- ESRs will spend 30% of their recruitment time in different institutions of the network. The ESR rrecruited by AAU will enjoy secondments of at least eight months at industrial beneficiary or partner organization.
- Strong involvement of industrial partners in training activities.
- ESRs will have the opportunity to acquire outstanding complementary training in transferable skills (e.g. presentation techniques, networking, publishing, and outreach activities) as well as leadership, innovation and entrepreneurial skills.
- ESRs will have the opportunity to acquire lifetime skills and optimum opportunities to build and extend your international network available to you throughout your professional career.
The applicants must, at the date of the call deadline, comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- To hold a MSc degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field.
- To have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- At the time of recruitment by the host organization, candidates should be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research career.
- Candidates must comply with the European Commission’s mobility rule, meaning at the time of recruitment by the host organization, they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the starting employment contract date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. The positions are open to all nationalities.
- To be proficient in English language
The eligibility of the researcher will be determined at the date of the recruitment (i.e., the first day of the employment of the researcher for the purposes of the action)
PhD stipends are allocated to individuals who hold a Master's degree. PhD stipends are normally for a period of 3 years. It is a prerequisite for allocation of the stipend that the candidate will be enrolled as a PhD student at the Technical Doctoral School of IT and Design in accordance with the regulations of Ministerial Order No. 1039 of August 27, 2013 on the PhD Programme at the Universities and Certain Higher Artistic Educational Institutions. According to the Ministerial Order, the progress of the PhD student shall be assessed every six months. It is a prerequisite for continuation of salary payment that the previous progress is approved at the time of the evaluation.
The qualifications of the applicant will be assessed by an assessment committee. On the basis of the recommendation of the assessment committee, the Dean of the Technical Faculty of IT and Design will make a decision for allocating the stipend.
For further information about stipends and salary as well as practical issues concerning the application procedure contact Ms. Lisbeth Diinhoff, The Technical Faculty of IT and Design, email: email@example.com , phone: +45 9940 9589.
For more information of The Technical Doctoral School of IT and Design: www.phd.tech.aau.dk
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
The only way to apply for this position is through the university's internal form, after clicking the button "Apply online" located at the end of this web page: https://www.stillinger.aau.dk/vis-stilling/?vacancy=1134091
Appointment and salary as a PhD fellow are according to the Ministry of Finance Circular of November 10, 2015 on the Collective Agreement for Academics in Denmark, Appendix 5, regarding PhD fellows, and with the Ministry of Finance current circular on the employment structure at Danish Universities.
The MSCA ITN programme offers a highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions. The successful candidates will receive a salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for ESRs.
Selected candidates will have a full time employment contract for the duration of 3 years (36 months).
In accordance with the MSCA regulations for ESRs, the salary for selected candidates is constituted by a generous living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (depending on family situation).
You may obtain further information from Professor Knud Erik Skouby, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Associate Professor Sokol Kosta, email: email@example.com, Department of Electronic Systems, concerning the scientific aspects of the stipend.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentMathematics: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 580228
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.