ORGANISATION/COMPANYHandelshøyskolen BI / BI Norwegian Business School
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/02/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNorway › Oslo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The PhD specialisation in Marketing focuses on developing doctoral students’ theoretical knowledge and methodological skills required to become successful researchers. We welcome applications from students with a strong background in disciplines such as business, economics, social psychology and statistics.
The Department of Marketing is a strong research department with several researchers who have published in top journals such as those found in the UT Dallas Journal Ranking and level 4* in the Academic Journal Guide. The department’s doctoral students are successful and have been placed at good international universities and business schools, such as Cass Business School, Grenoble Ecole de Management, Nanyang Technological University, University of Groningen, and Free University Amsterdam.
Eligible applicants must have completed a Master of Science degree with thesis work, a research masters/M.Phil degree, or a comparable degree relevant for the specialisation in Marketing by the early autumn of 2021, with a grade point average of B or higher. An MBA degree does not fulfill the requirements for admission. Accepted applicants will be offered close supervision and follow-up by the research faculty.
The four-year scholarships are currently NOK 506.300- per year (this amount will be increased after 2021 salary adjustments). The position gives automatic access to BI's pension scheme. The scholarships require 25% of the teaching responsibilities of a full-time professor position. PhD candidates will have their place of work at BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo, Norway.
Additional information about the doctoral programme, admission requirements and the application can be obtained from the Doctoral Administration at BI Norwegian Business School (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ) and the department’s website ( https://www.bi.edu/programmes-and-individual-courses/phd/marketing/
You are required to upload the following with your application:
- Certificate of a Bachelor degree or equivalent, including transcript of grades
- Certificate of a Master of Science degree or equivalent, including transcripts of grades
- A Diploma Supplement or a similar document describing in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree (https://www.nokut.no/en/about-nokut/international-cooperation/diploma-su...)
- Other relevant certificates and transcripts
- A project proposal (5-10 pages including topic, proposed method, schedule)
- Motivation letter
- Letters of recommendations from people who can assess your suitability for doctoral studies. These people would ideally by academics who have taught you, supervised your research work, or have other relevant information about your potential as a researcher. If such people are not available, non-academic professional people can also provide a letter with an emphasis on your research potential. A minimum of two letters is required. Please arrange with the people submitting recommendation letters to email their recommendations to ( email@example.com ) by the application deadline.
- Name and title on your references
- Certificates from previously completed courses at the doctoral level, if requesting approval of these for the PhD programme at BI Norwegian Business School (see section 2 in our PhD Regulations)
- A complete list of all publications and/or other documented relevant activities
- Signed verification document. Template to be found here
Please note that all documents must be uploaded in the electronic application. Documents may not be submitted by e-mail. Furthermore, note that any documents forwarded after the application deadline will not be considered. Exceptions will only be made for students who are completing their Master’s Degree in 2021 and do not have a final certificate when applying. Please note that you will not be able to revise your application once it has been submitted.
Candidates may, at a later stage, be asked to forward further information and/or be called in for an interview.
Candidates who are accepted for the programme must provide a more detailed progress plan with milestones and courses for the four years of study.
BI Norwegian Business School is ranked among the top business schools in Europe combining internationally recognized research and a wide range of educational offerings from bachelor to master and doctoral degree programmes as well as executive programmes. BI’s mission is to build the knowledge economy by empowering people and improving business. BI has 20 000 students, more than 300 000 alumni, and a number of academic and business partnerships and networks both nationally and internationally. BI holds the three most prestigious international quality accreditations – AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. BI is organised as an independent foundation whose purpose is teaching and research. All profits are used to strengthen BI's academic- and learning environment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 577157
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.